14 - I DO BITE.

DAMONS POV:

In one swift motion, I scooped Astrid's body up into my arms, her form fitting perfectly against mine, her touch sending an unwanted surge of excitement down the center of my spine.

"Jesus Astrid," her legs wrapped tightly around my torso and then in the next second her nose was nuzzled into the crook of my neck.

From the way her body went limp, I knew she passed out completely, but I still whispered into her ear anyway. "You know Astrid, you're heavy as fuck." A smirk sat on my lips yet still, I propped her up, placing my hands under her ass to give support and hold her up in the air.

What the hell?

Almost like every sense in my body reacted, my gaze jolted towards the windows.

Something wasn't right.

I took my phone out of my pocket and yelled into the emergency speaker. "I need all security on standby right fucking now!"

An ambush? But who would dare?

I scanned my estate, looking back and forth for any signs of an ambush but there was none. It was perfect, a little too perfect.

Nothing seemed to be wrong but regardless, Astrid was right. We were being watched, but not by the usuals which meant new enemies were keeping tabs on my estate.

My fucking estate!

"Mierda!" I slammed the wall in front of me with my fist and then paused, gripping her tighter in my arms. So the only question left is...

Tabs on me, or on Astrid?

I turned my attention to the window again.

"This aura..." bloodlust. Cautiously, I peered out into the bushes one last time before closing the curtains and letting my eyes narrow. Veins appeared all around my hands as I ran them back through my hair. "Shit, this is dangerous."

How the fuck did Astrid realize before me though? A smirk creeped its way onto my features. How interesting, but this is bad... I keep getting this feeling, that there's something she hasn't told me yet... something I should know?

I shook my head.

It's getting late.

I'm overreacting.

As the elevator doors closed, I pressed the button for the seventh floor, my lips brushing her ear as I murmured, "You're surprisingly peaceful when you sleep, princesa." I paused. "It makes you not as... unbearable to be around."

With a faint smirk, I walked down the hall into to the main area of my personal suite where the bed stood in the middle of the room.

"Do me a favor and stay asleep for me," I murmured as I laid her down surprisingly gently on the bed, removing her shoes and securing her hair in a bun. I sighed, running my hands back through my hair. What am I even doing?

I studied the framing of her body more closely, her hourglass figure, tiny waist, thick thighs, big breasts and nipples that poked through her shirt.

I sucked in a breath. Fuck... this is making me crazy. Why did she have to be so hot?

All that was left was her clothes.

I hesitated, my hand hovering over her shirt, before pulling back.

No.

I can't.

Not now.

Not yet.