Chapter II: The Storm

"Contrast." Riptide stood in front of me with her watery wings and tail flapping slowly.
"Y-Yeah?" I responded to her.
"You better not be speaking lies to Sylvan's friend there again." She reminded me that I was talking to a small dandelion.
I stuttered and flew away from the scene. As the leader of this group, I may never embarrass myself with my weaker comrades. Especially when Phantom is around. Peeking from the large tree branch, Riptide's blue and green skirt blew against the wind as she made sure the dandelion was intact. Afterwards, she tipped her old-fashioned hat that looked like it was a hat from the '20s but with bright blue colors like from the '90s. There wasn't much of a view with the branch, mainly that other tree that the dandelion sprouted from. After Riptide left the area, Sylvan spotted me from a higher branch.
"Oh hello there boss!" He shouted from the higher altitude.
He slid down the tree until he reached the branch I was sitting on.
"Spying on Riptide again I see." He whispered into my ear.
"N-No! I would never spy on her!" I shoved myself further away from Sylvan.
"Aw, it's okay to tell the truth. Nature always keeps secrets classified!" He swung around the branch with his fluffy tail wrapped around the branch.
"But I'm not!" I yelled at him.
"Oh." He got back from the branch and moved back to me. "Also I don't think that this branch is stable!" He sat there like there was nothing to worry about.
I jumped off quickly, my grey wings sprouting from my spine. Sylvan chuckled.
"Wouldn't you think that if I knew a branch was unstable, I would have jumped off too?" He asked, but then the branch snapped.
He jumped to the second closest branch, wrapping his tail on it once again. The branch snapped into pieces, Sylvan's face was a mix of surprised and goofy.
"Shit. Thought the branch wasn't dead!" He said, still hanging from the other branch.
Sylvan did not have wings, so he couldn't just fly like I did. As usual, the large branch startled Frostbite, who was peacefully reading nearby the branch. Her loud screech completely froze the tree, and the tree was beginning to tumble. Sylvan looked nervous at first, but then he jumped to the neck of the tree next to the other tree and slid down the rough tree, as he watched the other tree completely fall.
"Oh my god Sylvan, I'm sooo sorry!" Frostbite panicked like it was the end of the world.
Sylvan places his semi-bloody hand on her shoulder.
"It's totally fine dude. Do you know how many trees Fahrenheit burnt down?" He wiped the tears from Frostbite's blushing face
She nodded, then ran away awkwardly. I flew down as soon as Frostbite left.
"Ladies man am I right?" I gently punched Sylvan's weak shoulder.
He chuckled like a honest man would. Then he rushed to the frozen tree to plant a new one. He turned the dead tree into fertilizer and placed on the new sprout.
"That tree should regrow soon." He seemed proud, as always.
Then, he grabbed two wooden flutes, one red, one blue. He blew into them and stared at the vast forests. I walked behind him, curious to see what would happen. Moments later, Riptide and Fahrenheit both arrived. It seems that those flutes call an individual member, depending on their color! Sylvan asked for their help to grow the tree, which they did. Riptide created an orb of fresh water just with the flick of her fingers and threw it onto the sprout. Then, Fahrenheit sparked a controlled fire to place above the plant for substitute the sun on this overcast day. They both wandered back into the forest once their task was done. Sylvan waved his hands with green fingerless gloves and suddenly, the tree sprouted into a massive oak, similar to the one that's as just frozen. He looked back at me.
"Thunderstorms might be a'coming." He informed me while climbing up the tree to restore his nest. I knew this would have to be from Electron.

Electron sat on the rock, which was what we called this rock that decayed into a chair-like form. Riptide and a new person was standing beside him.
"What's up Elec?" I asked.
"I'm not feeling that good, I just really want to-" He was interrupted when he created a quick, blue lightning bolt.
His eyes, Riptide's eyes, and the new person's eyes turned blue. This would mean that a storm will arrive very shortly. Riptide formed into water and hid beneath the soil. Electron's arrogant smile looked back at me, even though it was obvious he was in immense pain.
"Didja meet my friend, Avius?" He pushed the grey boy towards me.
Avius has wavy grey hair, black glasses, and lots of weatherproof clothes. He looked quite shy, which made me confused since Electron made a shy friend. Avius waved awkwardly.
"I'm sorry for making this storm. Electron needed to let off steam, and to do that he needs me and Riptide..." He whispered.
Avius felt the rain beginning to fall and flew away. Most of the members went to their designated tents, but Electron stayed on the rock. He laughed, like a maniac, being in his pure energy. His eyes turned neon blue as the static made his short blue hair rise. The wind grew faster, the rain became heavier, and lightning struck around the forest. I decided to leave Electron and his psychopathic mind alone. I rushed through the rain to find my tent, as the rain and the wind blew on my face. I began to wish that I took Sylvan's advice earlier, because finding my tent in this fog was VERY hard. But I eventually found it and rested there. Since we don't have technology, all of us have no clue when the storm will stop, even Electron doesn't know. So I stayed there, for hours according to the sundial outside of my tent. I began to wonder if we could talk with humans and get this technology to determine when the storm will end. It would be useful, since Electron has to do this like every month. I think I should do a meeting after the storm about this. Just imagine, having a cell phone would be so cool! Maybe it can help call the "god" who created us. The one time I learned about a cellphone was when a banner flew across the sky, saying that this phone would call from any location, which would be awesome! After a bit, the wind settled down, even though I didn't realize that the rain was leaking into my tent. I peaked my damp head out of the plastic tent, so see that the storm has mellowed into a light mist. I stepped out of the tent cautiously, to realize that I stepped in a huge puddle of mud. Not very pleasant. I stomped through the marsh and walked to the bell, which was right by a small patch of ground where there were eight rocks and the ground was sand instead of grass. I rang the bell repeatedly, awaiting for the 7 members to arrive. First, Riptide and Sylvan walked to their rock, then Electron and Frostbite, then Fahrenheit and Starlight, and finally, Phantom arrived. As they sat on the rock confused, I stood up bravely, especially to impress Phantom. I cleared my throat and spoke the words, "I have an idea."