Chapter VI: Scattered Minds

The day after Starlight nearly being killed was pretty normal. It was my day to protect the forests from any humans, in which nobody came. Starlight recovered, and Frostbite spent the entire day with her. But I had a plan for tonight. Tonight would be the day I would hang out with Phantom alone. No stupid interference from Sylvan, or any third wheels. It would just be her and I, looking over the hills, eating delicious berries freshly plucked by myself. Since nobody came today, I spent most of the day finding food for us to eat. Besides the berries, I found some leaves, mushrooms, and some strawberries grown in Sylvan's garden. This looked like it would be an amazing and romantic date with one of the hottest badasses out of the group. I hid the feast in my tent, and rushed to Phantom's tent. She was sitting out of her tent, not realizing she still had bed hair. I didn't care though, I kinda thought it was kind of hot. She turned her head around as she heard me walking towards her. I began to sweat.
"What's up Contrast?" She asked, picking at her nails.
"I-I wanted to ask you something..." I stuttered.
She raised an eyebrow in curiosity. I began to sweat even more.
"W-Would you like to- uh, go on a date with me.?" I stuttered even more than I did last time somehow.
She gave me the look, which was REALLY bad because my plans would be completely ruined. She stood up, strutting towards me. She looked insulted.
"Is there food?" She asked seriously.
"Y-Yeah..." I began to think she only cared about the food.
"Then it's a date." She stroked her hair and walked back into the tent. I was incredibly relieved that she didn't reject me. She came back out with a beautiful dress that was made from leaves that were dyed white and dark gray. She walked back towards me and seized my hand.
"Where's the date going to be?" She turned her head.
"Oh, it's on the hill!" I excitedly said.
She let go on my hand, and her entire body began to sink into the ground. It was her power that she can walk through walls and the ground. So she probably was already there. I quickly flew over there, hoping that she wouldn't be waiting. When I got there, she was already comfortable. She was looking at the sunset, in which I joined her.
"It's really pretty.." I said to her.
"I'm hungry. Where's your food?" She asked, looking around me.
Crap, I realized I forgot the food in my tent, and I saw Sylvan spotting and taking back his crops. I panicked, but I had to improvise.
"Why don't we wait until night to eat? When the weird lights South begin to illuminate?" I improvised.
She rolled her eyes and laid down. I also joined her.
"So... do you like me more than any other guy here?" I struggled to think of a better ice breaker.
She looked at me funny, but then laid back down.
"I'm so hungry..." She murmured.
This would be the perfect time to use one of my lines that Fahrenheit told me. They were called "rizz" and he said it helps with getting chicks. I stood up, trying to look the most confident.
"I have something you can eat." I tried to "rizz" her.
She laughed, but then looked real serious.
"We're freaking sixteen. I'm not going to make out with you." She scolded me.
I didn't know what those "rizz" lines Fahrenheit told me about meant! I thought it was just some magical spell to get girls. For the rest of the night, Phantom was really hungry, and I felt really embarrassed. As the moon rose, Phantom was done.
"Well, I'm going to head back." She got up.
"Phantom, I'm so sorry how this date went." I apologized to her.
"It's okay. Now we know that this can never happen again!" She didn't really care.
After she left, I sat on the hill alone. Now I knew that Phantom could never love me as much as I loved her. She seems much more friendly to the other guys (besides Electron obviously.) The air began to get frigid, so I got up and walked slowly back to my tent. Sylvan was already there, upset about me stealing his food. But Sylvan is forgiving, so he let it slide. I really wanted to have a good time with her, but I don't understand. I'm the person here with the least problems, and yet she still doesn't like me? I knew what I had to do. I had to ask Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit has a really big ego, but I still see Phantom hang out with him, and she looks like she enjoys it. God, this is complicated. I decided to sleep on it, because Fahrenheit's mind and body are wonky in cold and wet weather. Tomorrow though, Fahrenheit will guide me to the path in which Phantom stands there, waiting to be mine.