Chapter V: Starlight

Like mentioned earlier, one of us was not asleep last night. That person was Starlight. Makes sense though because her main power involves the stars. Nobody really knows what she was doing yesterday, but we also did not care. Similarly to Frostbite, she actually doesn't have a useful power. Actually, I think she's worse. All she can do is make predictions about the future based on the alignment of the stars. But it's only a prediction, and half the time it isn't accurate. So yeah, she's pretty much like any cheap psychic in the human world.

It grew to morning, as the group emerged from their tent. At first sight, everything seemed pretty normal. But, except the fact that Starlight was huddled by a bush, looking like she just escaped from an insane asylum.
"Starlight! Are you okay?" Frostbite rushed to her.
She didn't say anything. Closer up, there were many fresh scratches on her face, and parts of her long purple hair was ripped out like she was just attacked from a monster. But we knew it could not be true, since nothing else lives here. Frostbite grabbed a blanket and wrapped Starlight in it. Riptide and Sylvan seemed pretty concerned, same with Phantom and Fahrenheit. Electron wasn't actually there surprisingly. As Phantom walked closer to Starlight, I quickly followed.
"Starlight, what happened last night?" Phantom asked gracefully, touching her chest gently.
"I-I saw something..." Starlight gently mumbled, her eyes still darting around the forest.
"What did you see?" I asked, intentionally touching Phantom's shoulder, she pushed me away.
"I-I saw something scary.!" She mumbled back.
Riptide stepped forward, handing her some water. Starlight quickly grabbed the water and drank it. Her eyes seemed to mellow down, now able to focus on them. The sky remained clear, no wind blowing. Riptide and Frostbite helped her stand up from the ground. As she stood up, we could see that her legs were scratched and her wings were snapped. She stumbled towards the small river where Riptide usually hung out. The group slowly followed her, watching as she looked for something. After a few minutes, she found a small pebble with an 'X' mark on it. She grabbed it and showed it to us.
"I touched it, then I saw it.." Starlight stepped closer, showing us all the rock. From my opinion, it looked like just a regular rock with the 'X' on it being from the rain. But for some reason, all the other members believed her. She put the rock into her pocket, then we all stood silent.
"Hey, where's Electron?" Fahrenheit asked, looking back and forth.
Electron was still not there, making the group a bit concerned. I decided that all of this was make-believe crap, so I walked away from them. As I walked, I looked around the trees and plants, all planted by Sylvan. But then, I realize where Electron is. Lodged into a tree, was his light-saber sword.

The first to approach the sword was Riptide, the mastered knight of water and swords. She looked around the sword for a bit, while the rest of us cluelessly watched. Then she suddenly jolted out the sword from the tree, snapping up out.
"The sword is on 1000 watts." Riptide checked the small switch on the handle. "Any mortal who touches it would blow up."
The group stepped back from Riptide, except Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit chuckled, lighting the cigarette.
"What?? How is this funny?? Fahrenheit is lost and Starlight got attacked!!" Frostbite screeched.
Fahrenheit calmly walked towards Riptide and the deadly sword. Even Riptide stepped away from Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit looked at Frostbite, with the world's most arrogant smile on his face. Then he turned back, and grasped the dangerous part of the sword with no hesitation.
"Fahrenheit no!!" Riptide yelled trying to stop Fahrenheit.
He pushed himself away from Riptide, still grasping on the sword. He got up, and showed the group that no damage occurred.
"You dumbasses forgot we were immortal!" He chuckled. "Wait does that mean I'm smarter than Frostbite?"
"N-No..!" Frostbite yelled quietly.
The group calmed down, remembering that they can't die. But I began to think for a sec. If it was true that we couldn't die, then why did I feel so scared about the plane? Why did I feel that burst of adrenaline when I got closer to the engine. Why did I shed blood from the powerful engine? Another thing: Starlight was bleeding A LOT earlier. There had to be something weird about this being immortal thing. Because a lot of things can't kill us, but something definitely can. Later, Riptide set down the sword and walked to Fahrenheit.
"You're his greatest friend. Where did you see him last?" She asked, actually kind of worried.
"He was talking with some small boy, near the rock." Fahrenheit puffed smoke into Riptide's face, she coughed. "The one by that broken tree."
We all looked at Sylvan. He got suddenly nervous.
"Well I didn't kill him! A lot of my trees are dying and I can't control it!" He panicked. "You saw it that one time right boss?"
The group's attention came to me. I gulped and nodded. They walked together and began arguing about if one of us killed him. But then an idea struck me. Unfortunately one that makes the useless useful.
"Starlight." I stated, grabbing all of their attention.
"Yeah?" She responded kind of nervous.
"Can you look in the past?" I sighed.
It took a little bit, but she nodded.
It was at that moment that everybody knew my amazing idea. And the all of them completely forgot about Starlight's little panic attack earlier. We all stepped back from Starlight, who was doing a ritual-thing that made her able to see the past or the future. A magical purple aura flowed around her, her eyes turning a bright purple as her purple hair flowed. Her body jumped out of the sitting position and floating silently in the air. Her wings weren't moving at all, which seemed a bit strange. As she levitated in the air, her body seemed like her soul left her, letting the wind and the aura control her slight movements. But suddenly, scratches and bruises began to form on her face, her shriek of terror spreading through the forest. We all panicked and tried to bring Starlight down from the air, but the aura felt like poison to our skin. We kept trying to bring her down, but the bruises were still forming, and her shriek was getting louder and louder. Sylvan had an idea spark his eyes. He ran towards the nearby tree, climbing it with his tail. As his tail curled around the neck of the tree near a small branch, he grabbed his arrow (his weapon was a bow and arrow) and slowly cut the branch. The screeches made Sylvan flinch a few times, but he still got the branch to fall from the tree and push Starlight down onto the ground. Frostbite was the first to see if she was okay, the blood of Starlight staining her pure crystals of snow. Sylvan skidded down the tree and helped remove the branch from Starlight's body. Eventually, the rest of the crew came in to help, but Starlight was not going to get up. As the crew and I did our normal things during the day, Frostbite stood by her side all day and all night. I was curious of what she was doing to her, so I hid in the shadows and watched them.

Frostbite, with tears in her eyes, clenched Starlight's hand. She was trying her best to keep Starlight warm. Her tail that was fluffy looked like it would be warm, but actually, the temperature omitted from her is colder than Antarctica in winter. The only one who could keep her warm would be Fahrenheit, but he went off to do his shift of protecting the forest. I decided to emerge from the shadows once Frostbite fell asleep, and grabbed a few leaves that Riptide weaved into a small blanket. I put the blanket over Starlight's bloody body, but her eyes began to twitch open weakly. I was shocked that her body could still work even after the hundreds of scars formed on her body. For once, I felt that I began to feel concerned for her, even though I still believed her power was useless. She whispered very quietly, and I turned my head closer to hear her.
"I saw him again."