Eunoia

The LinkxHalf-Spirit - Ida or Opia
(chap. One p.1 of Eunoia)

Open your heart.

Close your mind.

Ready your ears.

Listen…

Can you hear me?

An ol' devotee of the lightened way, why have you found your soul here.

Do thou have the slightest idea?

Poor creature…

Nothing but loyalty to show but yet, here you are…

How does it feel to have your trust thrashed.

To have the seedlings of War grow in your passing

You, first in line, first through the thicket, but… not the first to die.

Yet you were the least deserving.

Blood had been shed, lives lost, the sins of your betrayer etched into the roots of the grave.

They spread far beyond just the reach of your physical plane.

Such amusing subjects, such disgusting filth to leak into this palace.

Come hither child as I, a spirit of many blessings and benevolence have come for you.

Due to your luck and your devotion I will give you another chance, a second life if you will.

And it'll be without the burden of the past.

But beware sweet thing, it will not be completely your own…

Heed my words…

When you come back, the world will not be as it was.
Life will drain from your land as it has before, again and again.
Something like this will not be easy to resist… but you must do your due diligence.

Gifts like these are rare to come by and given far and few between.

Thou, little thing.

Find your sun in an ocean of cerulean blue.
Rise from the grave once more to protect what you could not.
Become the golden steed that carries the knight into battle.

But never forget.

Though this new body is not your own, live though it as if it were and it will be so.

This is a gift, dear creature. Use it to enjoy what was unrighteously stolen from you.

Do not let life slip by you again.

Heed me.

Akin bubbles rising to the surface you find yourself suspended in a timeless moment, encased in a chrysalis of existence.

Like a butterfly, you shed your old self, unraveling into an ever-expanding existence. Like a bubble, you popped, freeing yourself into the open, free air and into the pitiless world.

Consciousness comes to greet your unconscious with a warm kiss of sunshine. Chasing away its uncontrollable form with a newfound… sensation?

It was something of a moon pool, sitting underneath its boreal, motionless surface only to be pulled into the uncaring presence of reality.

I am not a dream, but me.

Not just a soul but a form, a being. You must arise.

As you slowly awaken, it becomes apparent that you have emerged into a new body, a vessel unrecognizable from your… no, my former self.