Lover's Auction - Part Two

Millie's perspective:
Sam grabbed my arm holding it out straight to display the phone number that was still visible on my skin, I'd scrubbed at it in the shower this morning which made it fade a little but was still clearly readable. I knew training would be a show and tell this morning so tried to cover it with a long sleeve under top, but in a blind haze after a rigorous training session I mindlessly pulled up the sleeves. "What's this then Mills, you cheating on me?" the Aussie joked as I tried to pull the top back down to cover the writing, of course my friend wouldn't let me as she continued with her probing questions. "I knew you were hiding something, you never wear long sleeves!" her voice became loud and squeaky in excitement, the way that it does when she's making fun of me. "It's just a phone number!" the enquiry made the smirk on my face hard to hide as it's been years since my last relationship, I was kinda hopeful that this might lead to something good. "Is this what that dorky smile on your face has been about all day?" Sam poked my ribs as the commotion drew Erin nearer to the drama that followed us around everywhere. "Is it a giiiirlll?" Sam continued to tease until I broke my cover. "Maybeee" I couldn't contain my smile at admitting it as I felt my cheeks grow a warmer shade of red. "Well, you gotta tell us all about it, weren't you at that function last night?" they linked their arms together as they skipped back into the changing room, dragging me along with them. I didn't have a choice but tell them all about the girl I had met last night at some random charity event I didn't even want to go to - not if I wanted to get out of here alive anyway! They couldn't believe she hates Chelsea and didn't have a clue who I was! I said that maybe that's for the best, since the World Cup it's hard to find someone who doesn't know who I am and it could be refreshing to not be on edge about ulterior motives. A lot of people I meet only want me for my money or to get into places for free, there tends to be people out there that think I earn a lot more money than I actually do, I'm able to live comfortably but still have to watch the pennies and save for the things I really want. Packing up my gear to leave my phone lit up with a message, "is that her?!" Erin pulled my arm in her direction as they peered over to look for a photo that wasn't there, I explained they would have to wait and see what happens before I expose the identity behind the phone number. My friends made their annoyance known through loud groans as I left to go home, "bye sweeties!" I waved sarcastically leaving them in the lurch.

Your perspective:
The sun rise shining through your bedroom window made your eyelashes flutter open, shielding the sun from your eyes you squinted at the clock to see it was barely 8am. Mascara stained your hands as you rubbed your eyes, annoyed that you'd forgotten to do your skin care routine when your got home last night. Tapping your phone to light up the notifications you noticed a text from an unfamiliar number, "hello pretty girl, hope your head isn't too sore!" You guessed it was from Millie but pulled the shirt she'd written her number on from under the bed to double check before replying which lead into texting all morning. Opening Google to search the footballer you noticed she was telling the truth - she is a defender for England and Chelsea! Looking at a few photos you had an epiphany and realised last night wasn't the first time you had seen Millie. Wrapped in your duvet you shuffled to the sofa and re-downloaded episodes of Eastenders that you'd deleted from the Sky box, spotting the familiar blonde a few weeks ago on The One Show. Sending her a picture of the TV screen you laughed to yourself.

Y: knew that wasn't the first time I've seen you! 🤭
M: you didn't recognise me? 😂
Y: well no, my recording of Eastenders caught the last few minutes of it... I fast forwarded 🙈
M: Charming! 😳
Y: Next time you're on TV, I'll record it. Happy? 😇
M: Why don't you come watch instead, I've got a game tomorrow?
Y: Oh.. idk, I haven't watched football for two decades 😕
M: That's okay, you record it then, you don't have to watch 😘
Y: I'll think about it 😉
Millie said she was off to training but would like to see you again, inviting you on a date tonight and saying she'll pick you up on her way home. The next time you heard from her was when she called you walking out of the training ground. You'd barely said two words to each other before being interrupted by some of her teammates, "is that her!", "let's say hi!" you heard from down the phone. Millie groaned "bugger off guys! Stop embarrassing me!" she yelled making you pull the phone away from your ear as she argued with them, reluctantly telling you that they wanted to say hi and held the phone out towards them against her will. One grabbed her arm to pull the phone up to her mouth as the other tapped the speaker button. "Hi Millie's girlfriend!" an Aussie accent called as you heard the phone be pulled away by another person. Millie could be heard in the background loudly contesting what was happening, "what's your name, Millie won't tell us!" a Scottish accent asked, you laughed and told them as they screeched with glee, there was a lot going on even if you couldn't see them – the noises coming through the phone sounded like they were being attacked; the rummaging and fumbling of the phone between different hands, the laughs of the two girls and Millie getting more and more irate before hearing heavy footsteps run away. "Errgh, sorry they're a nightmare!" she groaned then told you that was her best friends at the club Sam and Erin, usually Guro is around too but she's injured and not at training today. "I haven't told them you're my girlfriend don't panic, they just saw your number on my arm" she insisted as she threw her bags into the boot of the car and you heard the door slam shut. "Okay, I'm safe now. I'll come pick you up."