Lover's Auction - Part Five

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, you and your girlfriend had become inseparable! Millie had asked you to be hers one evening in front of the TV, she had injured her knee and pulled out of the last national camp of the year; a blessing in disguise as you got a full week off together to have you her all to yourself. You'd barely left Millie's house during the week and were preparing to watch her teammates play at Wembley against the Netherlands, snuggled up on the sofa you found yourself thankful that she was injured as it meant you didn't have to sit outside for hours in the freezing cold. You loved watching her play but you definitely enjoy it more when the weather is nice! The TV was on with the commentators mumbling in the background while you scrambled around the kitchen fetching the snacks that your dad usually supplies when you heard Millie's name mentioned – once, twice, three time in the space of 5 minutes. "Right, I'm making a game!" pulling out the wine from the fridge. "Every time you're mentioned, I'm gonna drink!" you laughed, pouring yourself a large glass of rosé and taking three big gulps. "Me too then!" Millie snatched the bottle from your hands and leant over you to take a glass from the top of the cupboard. "Every time you act like the boss, I'm gonna drink!" she laughed sarcastically while giving you the side eye. It's not a secret that you had become quite vocal during Millie's games lately, sometimes she says that she can even hear you when on the pitch. "We're gonna need another bottle then" muttering to yourself with wide eyes as you pulled another from the fridge and went to get comfy on the sofa.

Snuggled up ready for the game to start it didn't take you long to become mouthy over the starting line up causing Millie to already finish her first glass. During the game she couldn't keep her eyes off you - she had to keep an eye on when she should be drinking but more importantly, she couldn't help but admire how far you'd come from when you first met. Millie found herself watching you more intently then the actual match and even when she was watching the TV, she kept looking out the corner of her eye whenever you jolted in frustration or excitement. "Why do you keep looking at me weirdo?" You'd noticed since the game started but waited until near the end to point it out, climbing over the cushions to plop yourselves onto her lap. Both bottles of wine were almost finished and your words had become a little slurred but not enough to be worried about a hangover in the morning. "I'm just in awe.." she shook her head in a way that suggested she didn't believe what she was saying - that's because she couldn't. Your head tilted with examining eyes, eager to get her to talk more. "Of you! How far you've come! Four months ago if you told me we'd be here, drinking over how many opinions my girlfriend has on football I wouldn't have believed it! I'm so proud of you!" she said, scooping your body into a giant bear hug. You stopped listening when you heard that word, you have no idea what was said after it! Peeling yourself out of her strong arms in shock, your eyes wide and barely able to blink made her worry. "What did you say?" you asked, wanting confirmation before making your next move. "I'm proud of you!" Millie was smiling ear to ear, she hadn't even registered what she had said. "No, the other part.." you whispered cautiously, watching Millie's eyes search the room as she racked her brain. You knew it had hit when her lips parted, she had realised what she said which sent a little wave of panic through her brain. "Is there something wrong that?" she chuckled nervously, "well it's kinda tradition to ask first, no?" Realising she did actually want you to be her girlfriend and it wasn't just an accidental slip suddenly gave you all the power to play with her. "Is it not obvious that I want you to be?" still trying to joke her way out of it. You shook your head in a slow and pent up way, you wanted her to say it properly, not accidentally. "(Y/f/n) will you be my girlfriend?" she asked, taking your smaller hands in hers. "No, actually I don't think..." you watched the cheeky smile drop in worry for a split second before twigging that you were being purposely annoying. "Nothing would make me happier!" you came clean, launching yourself on top of her, clutching her face in your palms to confirm your answer with a kiss.