Murderous Biscuits

To calm me down, Lofty gives me cookie which is extremely sweet but could've really not been a carrot and zucchini one. As she hands the others some as well, I'm left to survey the ship while nibbling the biscuit as slow as possible. 

The interior is fancy, chandelier lights and comfy armchairs, but the exterior looks like one humongous chunk of metal and then squished together with other chunks of metal. The reason it is like this is only because it is used to carry cargo and has only a small compartment - which I am in - to please guests. 

The whole spaceship curves away and inwards with every crevice used for storing goods. By making it a little chunky, it can hold more than the average spaceship can. I myself would rather be flying smoothly through space with something smaller and eye-pleasing, perhaps my ship The Shooting Star.

"I hate this." I declare, glaring at Hectaar who was looking quite at home.

Hectaar responds, "Steps, I know it isn't stylish but it's the best way of carrying other ships to Earth. I mean, wasn't that your plan? Introducing the spaceships to Earth?"

I murmur something about the ugliest spaceship in the Multiverse not being my plan but resume chewing my biscuit. I guess I could go and explore the ship with Lofty and Vilgrin but they probably wanted to be alone, judging how close they were getting. Stacy had brought a book and now I was starting to wish I had as well. 

It was obvious that I was the member of the Star Travellers who stuck out painfully. Stacy and Hectaar were sharing reviews of their books and Vilgrin and Lofty were exploring the ship. I just sat there nibbling a biscuit. The more I think about it, the more I hate the biscuit, the more I hate Earth and the more I hate everyone including the Star Travellers. 

I stop nibbling the biscuit and wrap it in a tissue. Placing it on the small coffee table, I decide to go find Lofty and Vilgrin.

When I find them, Lofty's faces are red from laughing and Vilgrin is smiling for the first time. 

I say awkwardly to catch their attention, "Hallo. Looks like you're having fun."

Lofty's both heads grin and say in unison, "Vilgrin's being so hilarious." One adds, "And a dimwit."

This cracks them up again and Lofty doesn't hear me try to join in with the joke, "Vilgrin? Making jokes? Never heard it before!"

Vilgrin is blushing deeply and I think I had better leave them alone to their romantics so I slip out of the room, back to where Stacy and Hectaar is. 

Stacy - to my surprise - beckons me over, "Over here, Joanne."

I sit down in the armchair beside her and she tells me seriously, "I'm doubting your plan." Seeing the defensive look on my face, she adds, "No offence! Really."

I retort, "Howlry, I can reassure you that my plan is just fine, thank you very much!"

I start to go, agitated to be called over for something so idiotic. 

However Stacy grabs my sleeve, "Steps, I don't particularly enjoy spending time with you, either. But I really must make sure the plan will work." When I don't look convinced, she persists, "Earth is my home planet too, y'know."

I sigh and sit down, "Okay, Howlry. I'm not sure if the plan will work but we'll always try, right? There's a lot of ifs and perhapses in what I'm suggesting here but if it works it'll just be a success so we should at least give it a go."

I knew what I was saying were just reassuring words that weren't backed by any proof and I knew Stacy knew that too. 

To my surprise, Stacy smiles, "That sounds good enough for me." 

Then she pulls out a packet of chocolate biscuits from her travel pack, "Here, have one of these. Lofty's biscuits are horribly murderous." 

When I laugh, she nods, "In taste, I mean."

As I take a bite out of one it fills me with warmth and I allow myself a small smile as Stacy pulls out her book. 

This time, she lets me read with her.