CHAPTER 36: Not all flowers bloom beautifully

Word count: 2398

●●●●●●●●●●

So... Do ya'll remember the "Flower Bloom" chapter? 😶‍🌫️

TW: Torture(?) Panic attack. Self harming. (a little bit)

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"So... After hearing all that... Do you still think we are not special in the exact same way?"

Kirumi stood frozen, her hands shaking as she tried desperately to process the information Katzuki had just revealed.

'Eight... Eight children'

Eight innocent souls had been taken by their own parents. One of them being... her twin?

Kirumi was at a loss. She didn't know how to react to the shocking revelation that only her physical appearance was the reason her mother had chosen to keep her alive.

Her shaking hands moved up to cover her mouth as she stumbled backwards, her back pressing against the cold, hard wall.

"No... no... no... it's not true," she muttered to herself.

The grip on her sword tightened as a panicked, disgusting urge to slit open her stomach kept tickling all over her body. She wanted to bring her sword to her throat and draw the cursed blood that invaded her body.

The dullness that her eyes once held had now turned into a raging mess of emotions.

How could she live now?

Her mind was a mess as it kept tricking her into thinking that she had to draw blood, that she had to scratch all of the blood she stored in her body until there was nothing left in it, that each and every single cell she had in her body had to be killed so that she wouldn't be part of this family anymore...

She could feel how her legs gave up and fell to the floor. She couldn't bring herself to give air to her lungs.

Tears blocked her vision. The shaking of her body didn't let her feel anything other than pain. The disgust she felt in her throat only let her taste the sour, salty taste of blood and her own tears. The overwhelming scent of dirt and blood didn't let her sense any other thing.

She let go of her sword and wrapped one hand around her wrist and scratched on it, drawing unnecessary blood, whilst the other hand held tightly onto her throat as she tried to breath, to get a grip of herself.

She couldn't be born into this family...

She couldn't. She couldn't. She couldn't!

"Oh? Feeling sick?" Katzuki mocked her as she kneeled down in front of Kirumi and drew her own sword, pressing it on her skin, drawing blood

As the sharp end of Katzuki's sword made contact with her skin once again, she could only cry tears of pain... Of an unexplainable painful sensation.

It stinged. It stinged a lot more than it should, but... It wasn't only the sword that brought her to the lowest she's ever felt...

Katzuki. Katzuki was doing this. She was the one piercing the sharp sword on her arm, and it hurt...

Katzuki was supposed to love her... They were supposed to be happy... They were supposed to be siblings...

Katzuki wasn't supposed to mock and laugh in her face as she struggled to take a hold of life...

She screamed. She screamed loudly as a harsh kick from Katzuki was directed at her abdomen, taking away the much needed air Kirumi was desperate for.