Chapter I

The night was dark, icy-cold, and full of terrorists. It was unfriendly and she was alone.

Naked, freezing, feeling as if she was going to die.

And then, He came.

The Duke, The man that saved her life.

The man she owed everything to;

She had no memory of herself, Where she came from, How she found herself in the position that he found her in. Not even her name or age, It was as if she was a newborn Babe in a teenage girl's body.

But he was not frightened, no, further from it. The Duke welcomed her into his movable home, And gave her food, Warmth and clothes.

And after a long conversation and the sunrise upon the snowy mountains around them, The Duke took her to one of his dearest friends, Elena, And the old woman in her mid-twenties, With long dark hair and eyes welcomed her in with open arms and offered her a permanent home for as long as she wanted, As long, Of course as she put in her half of the work around the home, Which she agreed to immediately.

And thus began her life;

And though it has been nearly five months since she awoke In that dark, dreary, And unforgiving night she has made quite the life for herself in such the short time.

During the weekdays She works for the Duke, Making deliveries for the Jolly big man, To villagers in the village. Making a little money for herself and Elena and her father, Leonardo, Who was not too thrilled with the idea of Anastasia staying with them But when the girl started putting her weight into the home and making extra money working for the Duke, He came around to her and warmed up to the girl.

And during the weekends, She tins to her duties around the home; Which consist of the occasional laundry, or dishes, or helping Leonardo with the farming.

Whichever comes to cross her path during the weekend.

And despite being somewhat of the village outcast, Because some think her cursed because of the way she was found, And that she was not born in the village, She has made quite the group of friends.

Three, To be exact. Not counting Elena.

Gabriella, Maria, and Diana.

All Young women, Being Eighteen, Nineteen, And Eighteen.

Gabriella, next to Elena, Is one of the sweetest girls that Anastasia has come to know. Her smile and kindness, Her heart In-general to Anastasia could light up even the darkest of nights by Itself, And she finds it beautiful. Along with the girls long, Wavy dirty blonde hair and water blue eyes.

Maria, despite her outer shell, With dark as night straight and long hair and eyes to match, Has a heart that is bright and full of love for those that she lets in, And Anastasia considers herself lucky that the young woman has let her be a part of her small circle.

And Diana, Though wild at times and full of life, She never fails at making any bad situation brighter, And making people laugh. And with her short, Light blonde hair, cut just to the tips of her shoulders slightly hanging in the front of her face, And Big mossy green eyes She never fails at getting the young men's attention in the village, And she loves it.

"Anastasia!" The Duke happily smiled upon seeing the girls oh so familiar face, as she approached his wagon ready for her day of work. "Right on time!"

"As usual," She replied, And gave him a quick smile. "And good morning,"

"Good morning, My dear."

"What is on the schedule for today? The usual I presume." She asked him, And his smile grew more and he rubbed his hands together.