𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸: 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙳𝚊𝚢'𝚜 𝙳𝚘𝚘𝚖

Later on, at Lunchtime, a variety of delicacies were served at the cafeteria. There were foods ranging from many different countries and states. Foods such as paella, from Spain and Falafel from the Middle East. Every single day, a menu was laid out at the front of the cafeteria so students would have enough time between break and lunch, to decide and choose what they'd like to eat during Lunch.

 Nadia, despite having such a large range of foods to pick from, went ahead and ordered a normal-sized hamburger alongside some dry chips. She liked to go with the "classics, not so classic" food, she didn't want anything extra, she really just wanted something that would feel her belly up. In contrast, Latisha ordered a typical British Jacket potato with cheese and beans (which If I do say so myself, is an absolute banger) alongside a bland chocolate cupcake that nobody wanted and was probably out of date. After picking up their food from the cafeteria, Nadia and Latisha headed to their regular spot where they typically ate with the rest of their friends.

 After picking up their food from the cafeteria, Nadia and Latisha headed to their regular spot where they typically ate with the rest of their friends

"Where is the rest?"

Latisha asked once they got there, noticing that none of their friends was at the table when they arrived. Latisha and Nadia tended to be the last ones to arrive at the table,  as their lessons finished later than the others since they were all set in different sets. Instead, an empty presence replaced their presence.

"Oh, well if you had woken up earlier, you would have known that Ella and Scarlett were going to the Drama block, to, you know, rehearse their practical exam thingy or coursework or whatever it was. While Josh and Noah went to play a football tournament for the school, so they won't be back until the end of the day..."

Latisha looked at her and said in a mocking tone "Well I'm sorry, I didn't know that my presence made such a difference..."

Nadia laughed and shook her head from side to side.

"What about Brian? Did he go to the football tournament alongside the boys? or is he just not in school or something?"

Latisha asked curiously as she took a seat on one of the benches that was there in the area. She then grabbed her fork and knife and proceeded to have a taste of her jacket potato meal.

Brian was the kind of guy that would always be in, even if there was an expected tornado in the area. He had always been extremely worried about his grades and how missing a single day of school,  would be equivalent to him losing over 7 lessons, which would result in him losing marks on the upcoming exams. 

Nadia remained silent for a while, thinking of an answer as she took a seat right in front of Latisha, leaving her food on the table as she did so.

"I don't know actually, I haven't heard anything about him ye know" - Said Nadia as she crossed her arms. Nadia seemed to also be a bit worried about the whereabouts of Brian.

"Oh, I see..." Strange.  Latisha sighed.

"By the way... What are you going to do to improve your attendance? And your grades?" Nadia curiously asked as she waited for Latisha's answer. "It seems that waking up earlier isn't something your body wants to be doing..."

"What do you mean...?" Latisha stopped cutting the skin of the potato and looked up at Nadia, who then sighed as she leaned back on the wall that was right behind her.

"I heard you and Mrs Garcia talk..." Nadia revealed as she dropped eye contact with Latisha to look down at her food.

"Wait, you were eavesdropping our conversation??" Said Latisha somewhat embarrassed and angry at Nadia for doing so.