IV. Applications and White Roses

The time flew by quickly after that man hurled, and I cleaned up. But that's what happens when you get busy. And that causes time to glide by, which is why it's so precious - and a pain in my ass. There's never enough time in the day for me to get everything I need to do, but right now, it's alright since everything I'm doing is for Sammy, and she needs me to be Super Sister. I haven't even looked at the clock since I know it's way past dinner. We had a great time - Correction, she had a great time. I have acid reflux and have managed to use an entire bottle of Tums.

     But looking at the clock, it's a quarter till three, and I'm still procrastinating sleep. But there was one more thing I needed to do before I went to the land of sleepy hollows. I'm looking at Mr. D's Winery's website. I'm seeing what I'll be getting into when I apply. I looked at the reviews, nothing but good comments about the wine, staff, and building itself. I already know I have paranoia, but this seems a little too perfect. But even if this is scarcely immaculate, I need the cash, and Mr. D pays a lot regardless of the work role.

     I pushed my computer off my lap and looked at my desk. I knew I needed another glass of wine because of how badly my paranoia spiked. I pulled my slippers on and grabbed my wine glass. I started creeping toward the kitchen, not wanting to wake Sammy since she didn't need to know what trouble we were going through. She doesn't need to know what issues we're having since she's a kid, and she needs to focus on being a kid.

     Once I reached the kitchen, I poured the last bit of wine from the bottle I got a few years back for Christmas. I leaned on the kitchen counter and started looking around the apartment. It needs revamping since it's dated by five years. The kitchen felt colder than it should be. We keep it 60 degrees in the apartment, but it feels like 40. I set my glass down and grabbed a cleaver from my knife set. Then, I stupidly started looking around my apartment for any signs of a break-in. I shivered slightly as I noticed the window near the fire escape open.

We never use this window. Why's it even open?

     I closed the window, locked the window, and double-checked. I backed away slowly and shook my head as I turned towards the counter. I noticed a box on the counter next to my wine.

Ah, hell no, that wasn't there five minutes ago - And that's way too close to my wine.

     I held the clever tighter as I stepped closer to the counter, my knuckles starting to hurt from my grip. I inhaled as I looked around my kitchen. But it didn't seem like anyone was inside, but this box wasn't here a while ago. But me being a fool, I decided to open the box. When the box opened, there was a white rose, and I raised my eyebrow.

A white rose? Who uses white roses? Pretty, but it's not common.

     I looked around and shook my head, not wanting to deal with all this tonight. I put the lid back on the box, grab my wine, and then retire to my bedroom. I got comfortable on my bed and pulled my computer into my lap. Once more, I looked at everything that could even decrease the chances of applying, but there's nothing Mr. D's is squeaky clean. I filled out an application, which surprisingly took half an hour. When I applied, I downed my wine and looked at the clock, four-thirty.

Fuck my life, not again!

     I got cozy into bed, curled up in my red comforter. I yawned and closed my eyes, ready to go to the sleepy hollows. But without worrying about what might happen tomorrow, confident about Mr. D's.