CHAPTER 10

The ringing phone made Avalyn groan lazily. She stretched her hand towards the night stand an picked the phone.
"Hello" she mumbled sleepily
"Hey girl, are you still asleep? I just saw the notification on TV, the drama is airing at noon"
*What drama?" She yawned but didn't open her eyes.
"Come on, don't tell me you are sleeping "
"I just got back from the hospital an hour ago, trying to catch some sleep "
"I wish I was there "
"You were supposed to come back a few days ago, what happened?"
"I got a project to handle that I couldn't reject. It has good money "
"My crazy best friend loves money " Avalyn yawned "when will you come back?"
"Soon, let me finish it quickly "
"Alright then, just come back already, I miss you "
"I miss you too" Lacey said dramatically.
"I will call you when I wake up, bye for now "
"Bye"
Avalyn dumped the phone on the nightstand and fell asleep immediately.

****
"Mr. King we have a meeting at nine" Jericho read out to his cold and aloof boss.
"I have something to do...
"But Mr King... The hotel..

"What about it?"
"Employees sir, they are requesting an increment in salary."
"Fire them all!"
"What? You did the same thing two months ago!" Makai furrowed his brows, why was Kingsley becoming a cold iced beast again? He was becoming a little brighter... But he was falling back into the dark!
"Whoever doesn't want to work should go home and employ new ones. Am sure there are a lot of people who are seeking jobs in Rainbow City!"
"But Mr King, just be there and listen... Please!"
"Why do I have to be bothered by you all the time! I should not have brought you along!"
"It was your choice!"
"Get the car ready I will have to leave by noon!"
"What's the matter? Do you have something to do at noon?"
"A lot to do, come on!"
When Kingsley arrived at Tahiz hotel, the paparazzi was waiting for him as usual. He let them circle him, he had no time to fight back. He watched them accumulate around him then he cleared his throat.
"I will give you answers once am out, for now please let me know what is going on first. Will you?"
The paparazzi was confused by his words but let him go through. Kingsley entered the meeting room where everyone else was waiting.
"Please be quick I have other Matters to attend to"
The shareholders were confused by his nonchalant and distant attitude. No one dared question him though, his eyes alone were a clear indication that he was not in the mood of being kind with anyone! And they respected that!
The entire meeting King sat quietly making a few remarks here and there about what was being discussed. He was oddly distracted and restless. When the meeting adjourned he walked out briskly disappearing into the corridors and was gone out of everyone's sight.
Jericho was left to handle everything else, the paparazzi and the shareholders as well. He was used to that but he didn't like it much. The load of it was too much but the salary was worth it. So he has to keep up with his mood swings.

*****
When Avalyn woke up the sun was high outside, she turned and toasted in bed lazily unwilling to get out of bed. She stared at the walls beyond then glanced at the watch on the night stand. She sat up suddenly and jumped out of bed.

Shit! She had an appointment with Mr. Justin. She rushed to the shower knocking the lamp off the table as she kept running all the way to the bathroom. She showered quickly ruining her non waterproof watch in the process and didn't even notice. Dressing up as fast as she could she pulled her hair up into a messy bun pulling her scarf around her neck to conceal her cleavage.
She rushed out of the apartment hailing a taxi and sat inside quickly.
"Please drop me at the CREEK HOTELS"
"Right away miss Avalyn!" The driver responded pulling into the road.
"You know me?"
"I'm your fan" the Plumb man said happily. It is a pleasure to have you ride in my taxi today "
"Oh, I am rushing somewhere. I have an appointment with one of my guys "
"I saw the drama will be airing tonight, MY ANGLE FROM HELL "
"Yes it's a relief " Avalyn who has nothing to say from her state if panicked kept answering as simply as she could. When she arrived she passed the guy some cash muttered 'keep the change' and rushed into the building avoiding the paparazzi as much as she could. The hotel was vast, she rushed to the VIP elevator and luckily, it was not occupied as she had anticipated. It was such a relief.
Her phone rung as soon as the elevator opened.
"Mr. Haddon?"
"Have you seen the news?"
"What news?"
"Check the television, please"
She turned her eyes to the screen...