#02. the painting

<3

fairytale

fairytale.
chapter 002 ━━━━ the painting

WALKING THROUGH THE HALLOWED HALLS of the academy's museum, the air thick with the weight of centuries-old history, your eyes are drawn to a particular painting hanging on the wall

the grayish-blue-headed boy lost in the contemplation of the artwork, doesn't notice as you suddenly appear at his side, your voice breaking the silence of the museum's solemn atmosphere.

you nod at the painting, a sense of respect in your voice. "this piece, it's about love and sacrifice, you know? it's all about the complicated dance between people."

he glances over, cautious, but you keep going, your words steady. "it's like a snapshot of how power plays out in relationships. one person has all the control, while the other is left with nothing."

you meet Sunday's eyes, a small smile on your lips, even though he doesn't react much. "but it's more than just a painting," you continue, your voice taking on a deeper tone.

"it's a symbol of the unfairness that exists in our world - the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. it's about how some people have everything handed to them, while others struggle just to survive."

Sunday's brow furrows slightly as he listens to your words, a hint of curiosity flickering in his eyes. "what are you doing here?" he finally asks, his tone clipped and guarded.

you shrug, unfazed by his hostility, choosing instead to meet his gaze with unwavering confidence. "just appreciating the art, Sunday," you reply, your smile unwavering.

"after all, there's wisdom to be found in the brushstrokes of the past."

and as Sunday turns back to the painting, lost once again in its intricacies, you can't help but feel a sense of satisfaction at having shared a moment of insight amidst the palpable tension that hangs between you.

your surprise flickers briefly across your features as Sunday, to your astonishment, begins to share his opinion about the painting.

his voice, usually curt and guarded, softens as he delves into his interpretation of the artwork.