#06. after all these years

<3

fairytale

fairytale.
chapter 006 ━━━━ after all these years

the cool night air brushed against your skin, you stood alone on the balcony, the echo of the dance still playing in your mind

questions swirled like leaves in a storm, each one vying for your attention, but before you could grasp any answers, a presence beside you shattered your thoughts.

turning, you found yourself face to face with the blond man from earlier, his eyes captivating in their two-toned neon pink and blue hues, shimmering like gems in the moonlight.

with a charming smile, he introduced himself as Aventurine, his voice smooth as silk as he inquired, "what is a lady like you doing out here alone?"

his sudden appearance caught you off guard, and for a moment, you were at a loss for words. but as you gathered your thoughts, you couldn't help but be drawn in by his unique gaze, sparkling with an otherworldly allure.

"i was just... taking a moment to enjoy the view," you replied. "the night is so beautiful."

Aventurine's smile widened, his gaze sweeping out over the city lights below. "indeed it is," he agreed, his tone warm and inviting.

"but even the most beautiful sights are best enjoyed in good company. may i join you?"

his offer took you by surprise, but something about the look in his eyes made you hesitate. with a small nod, you stepped aside, allowing him to join you at the balcony's edge.

as the male settled beside you, his presence bringing a sense of calm to the bustling evening, he leaned against the railing, his two-toned eyes sparkling with intrigue as he turned his attention to you.

"so, tell me about this friend of yours," he prompted, his voice soft and inquisitive. "the one you were dancing with earlier. Sunday, was it?"

you hesitated for a moment, grappling with the complexities of your relationship with Sunday. "he's just a childhood friend." you replied, your voice carefully neutral.