Welcome to Unit E

(A/N: I own nothing but my own OC's and this story.)

(A/N: This story contains graphic material.  Including gore, cursing, violence and other material not suited for certain audiences.  Reader discretion is advised.)

(In the middle of a warzone)

As Thomas came to and his vision cleared, he looked at his hands, he was still OK.  He looked around.  To his right, an Abrams tank fired its main gun, the loud blast making his still ringing ears ring even more.

To his left, his squadmates were taking cover behind a low wall firing their weapons as a Bradley fighting vehicle pulled up next to them, firing its chain gun as it did so.

Behind him, Dodger and other Autobots were firing at enemies as they popped up.

Above and behind him, an Apache helicopter fired its chain gun and then launched a spread of Hydra rockets at the enemy, right as a pair of A-10 Thunderbolts came in overhead.

'BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT'

Thomas' ears stopped ringing just in time for him the hear the A-10's gatling guns distinctive sound as their DU shells tore an both an enemy T-62 and PT-76 apart.  And for him to notice his guardian above him.

Dodger:(shouting) THOMAS!!  YOU ALRIGHT!?

Thomas:(shouting) I'M GOOD!

Jack:(shouting) THOMAS!  GET OVER HERE!

Thomas picked up his M249 SAW and ran over to the wall they were taking cover behind.

Miko:(shouting) YOU OK DUDE!? (Keeps shooting)

Thomas:(shouting) I'M FINE MIKO!  JUST A LITTLE DUSTY!

Thomas aimed his M249 at an enemy soldier and squeezed off a five-round burst, dropping him with five shots to the upper torso, the wall behind him turning pinkish red.  Switching targets, he fired another burst, hitting an enemy militant just as he was about to throw a stick grenade, which exploded, taking out that bozzo and two others next him, their AKs clattering uselessly to the ground.  

Miko: UAZ!  ONE O CLOCK!

Thomas: I'M ON EM'!

Seeing a UAZ-469 rolling towards them, Thomas aimed his light machine gun at the driver.  He let out a long ten-round burst, killing the driver and making the UAZ swerve into the wrecked T-62, and before the machine gunner could aim his DShK heavy machine gun, Thomas let off another burst.

Thomas: UAZ NEUTRALIZED! (Looks left) RPG!! ELEVEN O CLOCK!!

Beside him, Jack fired his M4A1 carbine at an enemy soldier with an RPG-7.  The rounds hit just as the hostile fired the RPG, the rocket flying overhead and exploding in the dirt.  Jack kept firing and dropped an enemy soldier before he could fire his AK-47.  And then a militant with another RPG.  Then his rifle stopped.

Jack: RELOADING!

But as Jack put a fresh 30-round magazine into his rifle, another militant tried to sneak up on them from their flank.  But as he raised his RPD machine gun, Miko noticed him.

MIKO: CONTACT LEFT!

Right as the militant was about to aim his RPD, Miko dropped him with her M4, the rounds hitting him in the stomach, and he dropped.  Then another militant came running at them about to throw a grenade, but Miko quickly fired at him just as he pulled the pin.  The grenade exploded, killing the wounded militant.

Suddenly, they started taking machine-gun fire from an enemy with a PKM.  As they took cover, several enemy soldiers and militants ran into a shot-up building and started firing out of it.  Still behind cover, Russel loaded a 40 mm HE round into his M203 grenade launcher.