Just Another Day

The four kids had a lot of training to do today.  They would start out with target practice at the live-fire range before gearing up for a maneuvering exercise.

When Thomas, Jack, Miko and Russell got back to the barracks, they grabbed their combat gear.  Once Thomas opened his locker, he took out his body armor, his Modular Scalable Vest, or MSV, and his helmet, known as the Integrated Head Protection System, IHPS for short.  Once Thomas had his body armor on, he traded his patrol cap for his IHPS.  Once he had all his other gear on, he came and joined Jack and Russell, similarly equipped.  A moment later, Miko emerged also in her MSV and IHPS.

Once all four of them were ready, they headed for the armory.  Once there, they grabbed their weapons.

Jack's weapon is an M4A1, a carbine derived from the classic M16 assault rifle, and now the military's standard issue assault rifle.  Jack, Thomas, Miko and Russel are a four-soldier fireteam.  And Jack is the fireteam leader.

Miko and Russel's weapons were also M4A1s.

Russel's M4 has an M203 40 mm grenade launcher under the barrel.  He is the grenadier.

In addition to her M4, Miko also has an M1014 semi-automatic shotgun.  In their team, Miko is the rifleman, and with her shotgun, she is also the door breacher.

As for Thomas, his weapon is the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon, or SAW. In their fireteam, Thomas is the automatic rifleman.

They also each have a standard M9 9mm pistol as a sidearm.

Once equipped with all their gear, the four of them joined the rest of their squad.  Another fireteam, consisting of fireteam leader Sam Witwicky, rifleman Mateo Gomez, grenadier Adrian Williams and automatic rifleman Leonardo "Leo" Spitz.  They had the same weapons as Jack, Thomas, Miko and Russell.

Also with them is Sam's fiancé, Mikaela Banes.  She is a designated marksman, the team's scout, and is equipped with an M14 Enhanced Battle Rifle, or EBR.

Finally, their squad leader, Sgt. Tony Romeo came in.

Sgt. Romeo: Alright fellas.  We're headed for the range first.  Then we're doing a combined arms exercise with Wardaddy's tank platoon.  Load up!

With that order, Jack, Thomas, Miko, Russell walked over to an M939 truck and climbed into the bed, Sam, Mikaela, Leo, Mateo and Adrian following suit.  Sgt. Romeo boarded the truck last.  The truck started rolling and soon they were off to the live-fire range.

(Cybertron)

Meanwhile, in the Cybertronian capitol of Iacon City, the mid-day commute was about to be upturned by a combination of high speed and high felonies.

Cybertronian motorists had little or no time to react when a bank robber barreled past them at a high rate of speed in his Hummer H2 mode, Iacon police bots following seconds later with lights flashing and sirens wailing.

Iacon PD Dispatch:(On comm) Officers in pursuit of an armored vehicle headed south on Thunderhead Road.

 The Hummer bot suddenly released an oil slick, both police bots swerving their Dodge Charger Police Interceptor modes out of the way to avoid it.

Police bot #1: Watch the road!  Oil slick!

The Hummer bot then weaved between two hauler bots in their tractor-trailer modes, the two haulers blaring their horns angrily at the felon.  Just as the two police bots got past the two truck-bots, the suspect released spike balls.  One police barely managed to dodge the spikes, the other wasn't so fortunate, he caught a spike ball with his left front tire and swerved off the road.  Once he transformed, he got on his comm-link.