Not-Ryo

Haru didn't expect to see Not-Ryo, but there he was, recognizable from how much he looked like Ryo, at least he should, but when she blurted out the nickname she used in their childhood, he turned to look at her, confused. "Wait. You don't recognize me?"

"Uh, no," Not-Ryo said as the young man who came in with him and the girl argued, another unexpected relationship showing up at the resort.

There was also—

Haru shook her head, brushing it aside, thinking she'd better not dig into the matter, the photo of Not-Ryo safely on her phone, not that Not-Ryo noticed her taking the picture in the first place. "Perhaps, if what I think they said is true, I mean the implications of what they said are what I think they are, I might be able to get a picture of this Shiro to send Ryo as well. But more importantly," she took a deep breath, sliding her phone away. "He'll want to know I found Not-Ryo."

"So, how many?"

"Let's see," Lance frowned. "There's us who pilot the lions."

"The what?" Haru said.

"Don't worry about that," Not-Ryo said, giving her a funny look.

"Stop staring at girls like that, Keith!" Lance said, which didn't at all seem like the name she remembered Not-Ryo going by. "That's just creepy."

"Huh?"

"Oh, I'm used to it," Haru said, laughing. "And it's not creepy."

Lance batted his eyes at her, his blue eyes unusual for someone with darker skin. "Oh, come on. While I understand guys giving a pretty lady like you..."

Not-Ryo reached out, grabbing Lance's ear and tugging Lance back. "Hey. Leave the creepy flirting with the check-in lady..."

"Concierge. I'm a concierge, Not-Ryo," she said, clapping her hands over her mouth.

Not-Ryo looked at her, confused. "That is the second time you've called me that, but to call me that..."

"You don't know her," Lance said, forcing Not-Ryo to release his hand. "And what's wrong with me flirting with her?"

Not-Ryo sighed. "We need to get checked in. Us five, Coran, mother, Shiro, plus a giant wolf."

"Mother?" Haru said, tilting her head, confused, remembering her uncle telling stories of his wife to sate upset Not-Ryo for their mother not being in their life. "A giant wolf? What kind of Pokemon is it?"

"Uh, what kind of Pokemon is Kosmo?"

"Not any from this world, that's for sure," Not-Ryo said.

"I wish you'd keep him in a Pokeball."

"Not even sure he's a Pokemon," Not-Ryo said.

Lance sighed. "And one giant wolf who may or may not be a Pokemon and may have to be escorted off the island for eating..."

Kosmo won't eat everyone's Pokemon!" Not-Ryo said, tensing up.

"He tries eating mine," Lance said.

"He doesn't eat the Space Mice," Not-Ryo said, "So your Pokemon must be antagonizing him."

"Space Mice?"

"Ah." Lance held up four fingers. "They may or may not be Pokemon as well, but honestly, I think they're all Pokemon, because what is a Pokemon."

"And I'll leave Hunk and Pidge to answer that question," Not-Ryo said. "Can we get checked in? I mean, we were registered by the Garrison."

"The Garrison," Haru said, breathing in deeply and frowning through the computer files. "Ah. The Garrison."