Interruptions

Rachel dragged her suitcase to her room, unlocked it, and took a deep breath, noting the view of the ocean from the balcony, which she headed to right before releasing her Herdier from her Pokeball, something she should have done sooner with all the other Pokemon running around.

Her Herdier looked around before dashing around the room, finally settling in a nice sunshine spot on a rug, letting out a sound of triumph as Rachel looked on, smiling at her Pokemon before turning to look at the ship that brought her, wishing it didn't take up so much of the view. "Hopefully, it leaves soon." She took a deep breath. "Wish Lance was leaving soon. He always finds ways to annoy."

She frowned, catching sight of a man with a camera, taking pictures, but trying to hide the fact he was taking pictures, unlike the concierge who weirdly called Lance's rival Not-Ryo. She shook her head, letting out a deep breath before sitting in one of the chairs, but then stood up, going back inside to get some sunscreen from her bag.

Sitting back down, she started applying the sunscreen, contemplating her and Herdier's first activities. "Although," she turned to look at the dog Pokemon. "It seems your first activity is getting some sun, which is mine. Not exactly..."

She leaned forward, for her brother came back out as if on cue, heading to the ship with Keith, his rival dragging him back to the boat. She let out a deep breath before deciding to go back in, not wanting to see her brother.

Looking around, she took in the room, the small kitchen, and the super comfy bed. She walked over to the fridge and opened it, seeing that it was filled with water as she'd heard the resort did, to make sure there weren't any dehydration issues among their clientele. She opened a bottle of water, poured some into a bowl, and set it down for her Herdier before going over to the bed and flopping down, allowing the sea breeze to lull her into a semi-sleepy state.

"Let's not let Lance ruin this, and just avoid him at all costs," Rachel said, keeping her eyes closed, feeling her Herdier jump up on the bed next to her, settling right into his side.

Stretching out her limps, Rachel pulled her arms behind her, continuing to relax.

"Relaxing being the point of this trip."

A knock on the door resulted in her eyes snapping open and her mouth twisting into a frown. "Why me?" Sitting up, she looked at the door, the knocking coming again. Letting out a sigh, she got up and walked over to the door and opened it, expecting the concierge there or another staff member, only to see a girl with warm skin like Rachel's own, her eyes behind sunglasses, her white hair pulled up under a sun hat, while her ears.

Rachel stared, taking in the ears.

"Excuse me," someone said, not hesitating to enter the room.

Rachel turned, seeing a rude little boy standing in a green tank and cut-off jean shorts, stretching his arms out, the ears of the other person not forgotten, let alone the scowl as if they didn't want to be here. "Excuse me, but this is my hotel room."

"I know," the person said, turning to look at her, grinning ear to ear, their face looking familiar, even though...

Rachel's eyes narrowed, thinking at that moment that the boy in front of her looked like Matt Holt, one of the other members of the failed Cerberos mission who went missing. "This means that he isn't Matt Holt, but if I remember correctly, he didn't have a younger brother. He..." Her eyes blinked, her breath sucking in. "Wait? Katie? Katie Holt!" She then swallowed, grimacing. "What did you do to that beautiful hair of yours? Your mother will kill you if she finds out! And does she know you're here?"

"Don't know, and yes, she knows we're here," Katie said. "And I go by Pidge now."

"I see, I think," Rachel said. "And you're..."

"Allura," the other said. "I really don't want to meet any of Lance's relatives, Pidge."

"Come on. Rae's not like Lance, Allura. Well, I don't know about her intellect..."

"Hey," Rachel said. "You're here with Lance? How? Why?"

"Long story, but he wants us girls," Pidge pulled open her bag as four small mice peeked out. "And the Space Mice to stay here with you, rather than our original..."

"Absolutely not!" Rachel said, gritting her teeth. "Seriously! That brother of mine."

"Well, we're in agreement on that," Allura said. Then, "And for your information, no matter what he says, I am not his girlfriend."

Rachel frowned, turning to look at her, noticing how beautiful she was, and letting out a sigh. "Yeah. My brother will hit on any female." Her attention returned to Allura's ears. She lifted a finger. "That said, what is with your ears."

"Oh," Allura said, removing the sun hat and sunglasses, revealing strange pink marks that matched the pastel pink of her clothing. "I'm an Altean."

"A what?"

"An alien," Pidge says. "Ain't it cool?"

"No, it's not," Rachel said. "I was supposed to be having a vacation, not having to deal with family, because things, and then Lance has to show up here, screwing everything up."

"He's a tendency to do that," Allura said.

"And we're not staying with you," Pidge said. "Not unless you agree, and then Keith, Shiro, and their mother will stay in the one place with Kosmo and Lance..." Pidge let out a giggle, rubbing her hands together. "He and Hunk will be stuck with Coran."

"Coran?"

"My royal advisor," Allura said, Rachel's attention turning back to the girl who claimed she was an alien, which bothered Rachel. She took a deep breath. "And yes, I am an alien. Will that be a problem?"

"So I have to admit my brother will flirt with any female regardless of species?" Rachel said, frowning.

"Huh?" Allura said.

"It—never mind. It's a joke. Something our siblings came up with because of how obnoxious Lance can be, but really. It's just a joke," Rachel sighed, watching Allura's attention go to her Pokemon, who lounged on the bed. "Oh. That's my Herdier."

"They're gorgeous," Allura said, finally breaking into a grin. "May I? Their coat looks so soft?"

"Sure," Rachel said. "I take great pride in keeping that coat pristine, but I'm also proud to say he's won quite a few ribbons for being best of show."

"Amazing," Allura said, sitting on the edge of the bed, holding her hand for the Herdier, waiting for the Pokemon to come to her. Still, when her presence became known, Rachel's Herdier got up and walked over, letting her pet.

"Well, if my Herdier likes you, you must not be half bad."

"It doesn't like Lance," Allura asked.

"Well, no. Lance is too high maintenance, which is funny given how high maintenance a Herdier's coat tends to be," she took a deep breath. "I'll think about it. Of torturing Lance by making him stay with this Coran person."

"Yes!" Pidge said, lifting her hands into the hair.

"And why do I think you're looking forward to that?" Rachel sighed. "Your mother is really going to have a fit, you know."

"I'm a tomboy, not a girly girl," Pidge said. "Although I'm not against dressing up. It's just a lot more fun to do gross boy things."

"That," Rachel sighed. "You do know people are expecting those things less if you actually look girly? As you look now, completely exected?"

Pidge shrugged her shoulders, then let out a burp.

"I don't know what's gotten into her. She's not really done gross things like this since I don't know..."

"Oh, it's just something she likes to annoy me with, but honestly, it's far less annoying than Lance. Matt always refused to trade Lance for Katie."

"Huh," Allura said.

"I bet you have a lot of embarrassing stories about Lance that we can use against him! We're on vacation and finally have the chance to have some fun."

"Yeah. I have a lot of embarrassing stories involving Lance," Rachel sighed. "The problem is, he doesn't recognize how embarrassing they are."