Continued Invasion

They were there, in her room, invading her space and her peace.

Nor would they be there if it weren't for Lance, yet the pointed ears of the darker-skinned girl, the one she didn't know honestly, still bothered her, more importantly—

"Katie Holt is involved, so this Allura chick actually being an alien isn't something I'm quite sure I should take seriously," Rachel thought. "Nor am I quite sure how to get rid of my guests right now."

"Look," Rachel sighed. "As much as I'd love to accommodate you." She frowned, looking right at Allura. "And your alien friend, Katie, I did come to get a vacation away from family and all that, that being the trouble Lance caused back home, what with you cadets disappearing as you did. I saved up really hard for this vacation to have some me time."

"Oh. Sure," Katie said, still grinning ear to ear before letting out a crude burb, resulting in Rachel sighing and looking at the other girl in annoyance.

"And why do you have to do things just to annoy people? All I want is peace and quiet."

"Well, it's going to be crowded over there," Katie said when her alert went off. Her head tilted, then she whistled. "Oh. Never mind."

"Never mind?" Allura said.

"Someone at the hotel. They offered to let us stay in their room."

"Thank goodness," Rachel said, her mouth twisting when Allura gave her a look. "It's not that I don't enjoy some girl time, but..."

"But?" Allura asked.

"For starters," Rachel said, pointing at Katie. "That one's never been for any real girl time. Second, I'm seriously worried that my brother won't be far behind. He's just got this knack of making my life miserable if it weren't bad enough that some paparazzi are loitering around."

"Paparazzi?" Katie said, cringing.

"Well, potentially. I did see someone with a camera, trying to hide they were taking pictures."

"Uh, thanks for letting us know," Katie said, getting off Rachel's bed and grabbing Allura by the arm. "We need to get going and keep your ears covered."

"I know. I know," Allura said.

Rachel frowned, watching the door close behind her two unwanted guests, shaking her head after they were gone. She turned to her Herdier. "Are we going to get any peace while we're here on vacation, boy?"

The Pokemon let out a bark, and she sighed again, heading to shower and change into a swimsuit so she might get some sun, but the moment she left her room, she took a deep breath, closing her eyes, taking in the salty sea air as well as the sun that beat down on her skin. She held her bag close.

"Mental check. Make sure to keep sunscreen on." Rachel started walking down the path towards the beach while her Herdier followed. She laughed. "You know, you can do whatever you want while we're here, though I'd appreciate you not doing anything that will result in me having to do any form of major grooming to your fur coat."

Then, a camera flare snapped, and she pulled a hand up to block the offending camera flash.

"What the?"

"Sorry, could you not take pictures right now?" another person said.

"But it's Ryo Shirogane!" a girl squealed.

"Oh, gee," someone else muttered. "It's going to be a long day, right?"

Rachel lowered her arms, taking in the sight of one of the resort employees attempting to pull along one of the other resort visitors' luggage, muttering through her teeth in which a key remained clenched.

"I'd like to say we can get you a new room, but we're all booked up," the employee told the young man. The girls were flying over, resulting in Rachel frowning.

"Something else to interrupt my vacation?"

The young man turned, his mouth twisted into a frown. His eyes were dark, as were his hair, while his eyes indicated he was from somewhere in Asia, possibly even the country she'd decided to visit for her vacation. "Sorry?"

"Not sorry," Rachel muttered. "Having a camera flash in my eyes isn't fun, but you're the reason that man was lurking around with a camera out front, weren't you?"

The young man opened his mouth while the resort employee sighed. "Oh, great. I'll have to get Tyler to look into that. Again. Sorry. We're not normally like that." She looked at the two girls. "And could you please not bother our other visitors? They're here for a vacation."

"But it's Ryo Shirogane," the same girl squealed.

"Yeah," the one holding onto the girl's arm said, her nose wrinkling up at Rachel in disgust. "How dare you talk to him like that?"

"Sorry," Ryo muttered.

"We really do try not to be a nuisance to other visitors when we go places," another man said, bowing slightly, holding out—

Rachel frowned, noticing the man holding out a card. "Uh..."

"I'm Ryo Shirogane's agent, but if for some reason any of this causes you more trouble, call, and I'll see what I can do about it," the man said as the girls pouted, muttering how unfair it was that Rachel got one of Ryo's cards.

"I could honestly care less," Rachel said, simply taking the card and dumping it into her bag to be polite and get the conversation over. "If you excuse me, I'm headed to the beach right now." She nodded, then moved past the two girls calling her rude. Rachel took a deep breath. "Rude is interrupting someone's business."

She stiffened, seeing another person lurking, holding out a camera. Her mouth twisted into a frown, debating whether she should just tell them which direction she saw Ryo in out of simple spite, only...

Shaking her head, she headed to the beach. "It's really none of my business, though it may end up being if they disrupt my vacation too much. Them, and that brother of mine."

She took a deep breath, closing her eyes as the sun continued beating down before going and sitting in one of the chairs, letting her Hedier run about. She tucked her arms behind her back, enjoying the sound of the ocean against the beach as her Herdier barked, chasing after a ball he'd found blown up on the beach.

"Well, hopefully, I can get some form of relaxation on this trip."