The Target Audience

When you are thinking about making a community profile, you must focus on a target audience. The target can be as broad as possible or something very specific. Depending on the theme, the target audience differs a lot. Whatever we choose, we should keep the theme intact. Because switching multiple themes might be confusing the part of the community you originally brought around for your idea.

Let's look at some general categories we can place the profiles in.

✦ Genre/Tag Specific Profiles:

These profiles aim to center around a genre or a popular tag. Well, the tag can also be a non-popular one but that will keep your profile within a small community unless the tag has the potential to go popular through your initiative within the commpro you are going to make.

Genre/Tag Specific profiles help the Wattpaders to find their desired stories easily when they are looking for a specific topic. And writers will find their targeted area through these profiles to connect with others.

Some examples of such profiles are as follows:

NARomance

The_Weekend_Write-In

Watt-Dragons

✦ Social/Lifestyle Profiles:

Just like the category names say, it focuses on the social and lifestyle bits. They can be focused on the things we go through in regular life. Some great examples are VibesofCelebration, EmpoweredVoices, SeasonalReads, and WattPetts.

✦ Writing Assistance Profiles:

These profiles are targeted to improve the craft all writers build here. Examples of such profiles are as follows:

BootcampMentors

HurricaneBC

N O T E S

You might be wondering what is the difference between Ambassador Managed profiles and community profiles. And here are some notes on that. Ambassador profiles are managed by the Ambassador team. They have a verified badge on next to their name.

But community profiles are managed by Wattpaders and they can be any Wattpader. It doesn't matter whether a certain Wattpader is an ambassador or not. Anyone is welcome to build a CommPro and grow within the Wattpad community.

⸺ • ⸺ • ⸺ • ⸺ • ⸺ • ⸺ • ⸺

You can find helpful resources to create a community profile in our Carrd. Our Carrd can be found as an external link to this chapter and in our bio.