How to Build a Commpro

✹ Build Your Team:

You thought of a general theme or topic to make a profile so your target audience is clear. But the next part can be something that builds your own team. When you are working together with a team, it helps you understand multiple perspectives even before your profile hosts an event. Also, it's easier to manage when you have a team who has an interest to be a part of what you are making. Find the assistance you can bring in.

Keep in mind that you should always look for folks interested in working on the theme you are working on. That works the best for a commpro and they will enjoy their time too.

✹ Choose The Name:

Finally, we landed on an important part of the profile making. A crucial part is to choose a name that people will remember easily. It should not be too tricky or long. It should be easily memorable and catchy. And with that in mind, the name also has to connect with your profile theme. People have to get an idea of your profile content from the name.

So, understand your focus on the profile and research. Google is yours right here. Browse through some suitable words and find something that suits your profile. And if you have the right one just in your mind, well, you gave the identity to your profile right there.

Also, try to involve your team. Take their opinions. Maybe they can drop a name that's gonna stick to in your mind.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you should find a name that's not used much on Wattpad. Try to make something that did not make an appearance on Wattpad in a similar way. Because we don't want our profile to sound like some other profile. Your commpro should hold a unique identity.

✹ Grooming Your Profile:

Well, a name is not enough. A suitable profile picture and banner are really important to give a certain shape or look to your profile. If you are not a person who is good with Graphics, talk with your team members. Someone might know a few things to bring out a pretty look to your commpro.

And if that's not the case for you and you have nobody around with capabilities in Graphics, there are many places where you can find suitable templates to put together what you want. Some free resources are - Canva and Gimp.

You may find some more sites or software out there for your desired graphics. It's just a search away on Google or any other browser you use. Remember, research always before getting into something. You can never create something without doing a little research unless you have experience in some other way.

Apart from graphics, links are also important. You may have multiple form links for your contests or anything else for the profile. So leaning into the sites like and solve your issue and your community will find all links in one place when you direct them.

✹ Profile Content:

Reading Lists - The very common part most profiles build is reading lists. When you bring a few books together in your reading lists, people will just come around for picking a book to read and they will also get a clear idea about your profile focus. What you feature is what you represent. So always discuss with your team what reading lists you all want to create. And name them. Then you either find suitable books to feature, or take some submissions from the Wattpaders.

Also, we recommend you check out the books before featuring them. It might have some content that does not follow Wattpad's Content Guidelines. So give it a check until you know the content you are featuring through your reading lists is suitable for your commpro and the Wattpad Community.

Note: Maintaining a reading list is also important. So have your team members on it to update your reading lists in a timely manner or get involved in it by yourself. Think about how many you want to feature at a time and how many you will remove when it reaches a certain point. Observe and figure out all these areas to make your reading lists tidy.

✺ Profile Guide:

You might notice that many commpros have a guidebook on Wattpad in their own way. And you should opt for having it too. One of the pros of having a profile guide is to let your community know where to go when they are lost. It's a great way to introduce your profile to others. Your bio is the door and the profile guide is the office that keeps all the basic information. The things that you can add to a profile guide are - reading list information, news, updates on your profile, upcoming events etc.

✺ Events:

Understand your profile theme and then have a contest or challenge on that. This is the most common event to do in a commpro. When you think about a contest, your first target should be to make a prompt or topic that will let people think and write. And your prompt should be broad. It should let people get their own version of the story. Then set the rules for the contest and all the necessary details. There are plenty of examples for you out there on how contests are made here. For example, .

Now there are multiple other events like - Question of The Week, Book Club, Reviews, Interviews, etc. Always have your team members around to brainstorm. Because sometimes bringing everyone's ideas together makes a brilliant event you could never build by yourself. Teamwork pays you well. Maybe someone else will put a twist in the contest or event you are making.

•••

So, we have discussed here some common areas to form a commpro. It is not everything but we are giving you a frame from where you can grow your idea. In the next chapter, you will find out the keys to promoting your profile.

⸺ • ⸺ • ⸺ • ⸺ • ⸺ • ⸺ • ⸺

You can find helpful resources to create a community profile in our Carrd. Our Carrd can be found as an external link to this chapter and in our bio.