Chapter 6

Vox was gone when you woke up.

Eyes still droopy with sleep, a big yawn forced itself from your throat as you sat up, the sunlight streaming in through the shutters slowing adjusting your eyes to the early morning sun.

The bed was empty, and in Vox's place sat a neatly folded letter. You clambered over, recognising Vox's handwriting and your name on the letter.

My darling bunny,

Im afraid i won't be there to take care of you when you wake up, but i've been called on business to the Greed Ring.

Supposedly, Mammon has a business deal for me; one that will serve to increase the VoxTek empire exponentially, my dear.

Whilst I'm gone, i won't expect you to be at work, since there won't be anything for you to do without me there. So please, take some days to yourself, visit Angel Dust, whatever you wanna do.

There should be coffee in the pantry, and should you need groceries please take Velvette with you; it's too near to that time again, and i really don't want any incidents dollface.

If you need anything else, please go to Velvette, and the Val as a last resort. I'm still not sure how much i trust him around you, especially without me around.

I should be back in a few days, a week at most.

Love you baby,

Vox

With a smile and a giggle, you crumpled up the letter, deciding to take his advice and visit Angel as the day allowed it.

Pulling yourself out of bed, you dragged a brush through your hair, flinching as it scraped your ears, surprised at their unusual sensitivity. Shrugging it off, you through on some clothes, a sweater, skirt, and matching leg warmers, before heading out the door.

Skipping out the door, you stretched the remaining drowsiness out of your sore limbs, enjoying the glow of sun on your skin. Trying to remember to route, you decided to pick up a coffee on the way, unable to find any in the pantry.

Humming a tune, your nose twitched at the fragrant scent of coffee, ears perking up in recognition. Eagerly approaching the counter, you pulled out your fluffy wallet.

"Two caramel lattes, please!" You grinned lightly leaning back and forth on your heels as you waited patiently for your coffee. After all, Angie was never a morning person, so he'd hopefully appreciate being woken with his favourite coffee.

"Two caramel lattes for Y/N?"

Not noticing the stares and smirks you got, you grabbed your coffees and hurried out the door, eager to see your best friend after way too long.

The streets of hell felt more chaotic than usual. Had something happened? Was something going on?

Shaking off your anxieties, you continued the way towards the hotel, despite feeling as though eyes were constantly on you. The familiar sight of the hotel's large doors were a welcome refuge, as you knocked gently, you timidity returning at the remembrance of many powerful people residing here.

"Omigodomigod is it a new guest! Vaggie Vaggie come here! Quick!" The door swung open with fervour too great for so early in the morning, and you took a step back out if surprise.

"Y/N? Ohh, are you here to see Angel? It's great to see you again! Do you want to be redeemed?" Grabbed by the hand, Charlie hastily pulled you inside, bombarding you with questions.

"H-hi Charlie! No, im just here to see Angie, my boss gave me a few days off so i came to visit!"

"Oh, that is just wonderful! Im so glad Angel has such nice friends!" Charlie gushed at your innocent demeanour, pulling you towards the lounge where Angel was sitting on a couch, scrolling on his phone.