Chapter 6

Placing a hand on the cool glass, Mei observed the glittering lights of congested towns as they floated above the evening landscape.

'I'll be back soon, brother,' Mei thought.

Dragging her hand away from the glass, a yawn weaseled its way out of Mei.

'I better find a spot to rest for the evening-'

Turning sharply, Mei dodged the flying object sent her way.

"Oh, Mei. Did I disturb you?" Chuckled a tauntingly familiar voice.

Without a word, Mei turned in the opposite direction and began her journey down the desolate airship hallway.

Ominous chuckles followed as Hisoka trailed behind her figure.

"You did quite well capturing your SPIDER-egg," Hisoka chimed. "Rather fitting, don't you think?"

Ignoring his taunts, Mei kept her stoic face forward.

"SPIDERS can be quite scary, can't they?" Hisoka hummed.

Mei felt a tug and glanced to find a few strands of white hair had drifted astray... directly into Hisoka's grasp.

"It is such a wonderful turn of events that the eggs had been left unguarded," Purred the magician.

Tilting her head away from the magician, Mei felt the tension of Hisoka's grasp on her hair.

"Let go," Mei spoke evenly.

"I wonder how the SPIDER eagle felt when it returned to find the eggs had been stolen," Continued Hisoka.

"How crushed it must have been to find its most treasured possession had been stolen away."

Turning to Mei with a closed-eyed smile, Hisoka offered a hum, "How I wish I could see its face at that moment."

Slowing to a stop, Mei locked eyes with Hisoka as he came to a halt beside her.

"SPIDERS are solitary creatures, Hisoka. You should know that," Spoke Mei. "I doubt the SPIDER eagle cared much for the loss of a few eggs."

A harsh force was felt by Mei as her escaped strands of hair were tugged to the side, forcing her head and neck to tilt at an uncomfortable angle.

Losing the playful lilt in his tone, Hisoka spoke, "And YOU should know how spiders hate to share."

Holding her gaze, the magician's aura flared dangerously.

"A smart spider would never leave its egg unwatched."

Hisoka leaned closer to the snowy-haired beauty.

"Hisoka."

The sudden call forced the magician to pause.

Shifting her gaze past the redhead, Mei's eyes locked onto a familiar green-garbed man.

Stumbling back, Mei found her hair released from its captor.

Chuckling, Hisoka offered a close-eyed smile once again.

"Business calls, little egg. Try not to crack prematurely."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not associated with & do not own Hunter x Hunter or any of it's characters/plots etc. My character is Mei.