2. The Leader

In the darkness, chaos and despair of the people who saw this horrible reality, there was someone shouting in the crowd.

The man stood in the middle of the crowd and shouted.

"DON'T GIVE UP!!! We are safe in this area and also LOOK AROUND YOU!!! We have unlimited supplies! Do you think we can't survive?!!! WE WILL FIND A WAY TO GET OUT OF HERE! It's very shocking but there's no point if we continue like this!!! You are living beings! Keep fighting to live!!!"

Darius looked at the man and agreed with his words.

The crowd that was originally gloomy and filled with fear finally realized the situation.

"But how do we fight the monster, it's almost impossible for us to even get out of this safe zone alive..."
Someone responded to the shouting man.

"We will use our brains, our intelligence, so calm your minds first, we have to adapt to this kind of environment."
The mysterious person responded back wisely.

After hearing the man's words a woman in the crowd shouted her disapproval and showed hostility to the man.

"I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS! WE WON'T BE ABLE TO SURVIVE HERE AS WEAKLINGS, NONE OF US WILL BE ABLE TO KILL THAT THING! YOU THINK IT CAN BE DONE!!! I-"

"Shut up."

The disapproving woman's statement was cut off by the man she was arguing with.

The man approached her and slapped her and said in front of her directly.

"Wake up, this is your new reality, use your brain, don't be a hopeless creature."

The woman sat down and remained silent, not daring to make a sound.
The man continued to speak.

"I am Victor, will you choose me as your leader? I will fight hard to defend our lives!"
The man was named victor, he firmly said that he was the leader.

The crowd that had been gloomy now looked better, many of them agreed to make victor the leader because of victor's conversation earlier, and there were also some of them who disagreed and were neutral.

Darius chose...

Darius chose to disagree.

Darius was aware of Victor's corruption from the beginning,
Behind Victor's courage and logic, Darius knew Victor to be a cunning student leader, manipulating people for his own benefit or just for his own amusement.

In the past, Victor was outsmarted by Darius and almost got victor dropped out, but it was all in vain because victor's parents were wealthy and prominent people, in the end Darius failed to get Victor out.

Because many people agreed, Victor was the leader.

"I never thought I'd see him again...! "
Darius looked annoyed.

"But...I'll focus on defending the situation in this place first."
Darius focused on dealing with the current situation and avoided causing trouble.

Darius looked around him, and concluded...

The humans in this safe area numbered tens of thousands and the area they occupied now was 10km², currently Darius was near the safe zone barrier as well as tens of thousands of other humans.

Darius took food and drinks nearby, this place was filled with furniture and shelves of food and drinks.

"Well this place looks like SCP-3008 IKEA from the game I played... Quite interesting."
Darius felt familiar with this place although it was a bit different and more dangerous.

The people around him also finally moved and realized the situation they were in, they gathered food and formed a small group under Victor's leadership.

"I have to be careful with victor..."
Darius didn't want to have any trouble with victor for now considering he was enemies with him.

Darius went alone to explore the darkness of this mall and made a small place to stay temporarily, he used the furniture around him.

"Fortunately, food and drink won't be a problem."
Darius was grateful for his current condition.

Darius looked up at the ceiling of the mall and mused.

"Will there be light coming...? Ah no no I need to focus on understanding this place."
Darius was confused and sad that he couldn't see the sun anymore.

Darius looked around his neighborhood again, he found an outlet mounted on a pillar nearby and saw materials to make a lamp.

"OH yes, I forgot that we can create light itself, hopefully the concept in this world is the same as on Earth."
Darius realized something important, humans can create technology.

Darius gathered the available materials and made a simple lamp with makeshift tools, he managed to make a lamp.
Darius placed the lamp on the small building he had made.

In the darkness of this endless mall, the lamp lit up and gave off light, at the same time from a distance the lights sprung up one by one illuminating the darkness of the mall.

"It's so beautiful like looking at the stars at night... Looks like another human made a lamp."
Darius felt a sense of calm after seeing the many lights that appeared like stars in the dark sky.

There were many people who looked happy and cheered because they had finally created light.

The moment of calm ended quickly because of the arrival of a very large mosnter 150 meters high showing itself in front of the safety zone barrier.

Many people were frightened but were immediately calmed down by victor because the creature would not be able to pass through the barrier.

The monster stayed in front of the safe zone barrier, no one understood why he did that.

Darius was surprised to see a bigger monster than he had seen before.
In the end, everything calmed down because the creature couldn't pass through the barrier.

"I have to find out what the concept of this world is"
Darius was determined to find out the secrets and concepts of this world to get out of here.

The humans don't know about time in this mall, they don't know if it's morning or night, they just sleep when they want to.

Darius, who was exhausted after the terrifying incident, finally fell asleep in his little house.

END OF CHAPTER 2

Victor ??? 18 Years Old

Victor ???
18 Years Old.