chapter 3

SheepPaw and BurrPaw were told to mark the borders by themselves. They both were scared and nervous. SheepPaw wondered what would happen if they were attacked.

After practising for more than a moon, SheepPaw managed to get better at her pouncing. She pounced high enough to catch prey, and now she was getting better at hunting, tho most of the time she'd either miss or scare away the prey before she could even pounce

"Ever wonder what would happen if we stepped outside of the territory?" BurrPaw asked her sister as she leaped out of the territory into the lands that no cat actually owned. "Look at me! I'm outside of FuzzyClan territory!"

SheepPaw laughed, tho she didn't want to leave her territory. As she was giggling she looked at the distance and saw a dark brown shape. It was probably another animal, but it seemed to get bigger.
"BurrPaw, what's that?" She pointed at the shape.

BurrPaw raised an eyebrow and looked behind. She stepped back next to terrified SheepPaw, but stayed calm. "What are you here for? You're not from FuzzyClan!"

SheepPaw was so confused, but then she realised it was a cat. A very dark brown and white cat. His black muzzle made him look like a very huge bird.

"But I am you kin!" The cat meowed. "I'm your father for crying out loud!"

"You're our dad!?" BurrPaw meowed, twitching her whiskers in confusion.

SheepPaw thought that BurrPaw was being too gullible, but RyeBerry never told her about her father, and for some reason never had questions about his father. She took it as a completely normal thing to not have a father. She still didn't trust the cat as it was a stranger!

BurrPaw stepped closer to the large cat with her ears slightly flattened. "Why were you never seen in our home then?" She asked suspiciously.

"Because your mother didn't want to see me again after she abandoned half of her litter." The tom explained.

SheepPaw and BurrPaw were flabbergasted. They had other siblings that RyeBerry abandoned? Why? There has to be reason! RyeBerry isn't the type of cat to just heartlessly leave her kits in the mud! But does that mean RyeBerry loved her and BurrPaw more than her other kits? How does the cat even know they are his kin?

BurrPaw narrowed her eyes and lowered her head. "That's not like her. Are you sure you're talking to the right cats?"

"I remember what you two looked like when you were just born." The tom rolled his eyes. "I especially recognise that white splotch on that white cat's black face."

SheepPaw tucked her tail between her tail awkwardly.

"So, would you like to meet your siblings?" The tom asked.

"Okay!" BurrPaw meowed cheerfully, but SheepPaw bristled her fur, barring her teeth at BurrPaw angrily. The tabby she-cat looked at her with confusion. "What? You don't want to spend time with your own father? What is wrong with you!?"

"I'm not forcing any of you." The tom mewed.

"But I want to!" BurrPaw loudly meowed, then turned to SheepPaw. "I'm going with dad!" She hissed and walked thowards the sad-looking tom, who was leading her away.

SheepPaw clawed the ground in frustration. Ofcourse she wants to meet the rest of her family, but she can't risk being scolded! But this might me the only chance. The she-cat hissed silently and trotted after the two cats.

The tabby tom looked behind him and happiness shone in his eyes. "You're coming too! This is great!"

BurrPaw widened her eyes when she saw SheepPaw, then smiled. "Oh, yea, and this is SheepPaw. SheepPaw, our dad's name is Scratch by the way! Isn't it cool?"