°•●Chapter 2 ●•°

_-*George's POV*-_

"George? You alright, bud?" Sapnap asked from beside me while Karl nudged my side with the tip of his finger.

I blinked open my eyes, rubbing the sleep away with my sleep warm fists, meeting the black pits of Quackitys eyes as they stared back at me.

I sat up weakly and stared blankly at Sapnap.

They were all outside of the car beside me, nudging me and telling me to get up.

However, I didn't move or even bat an eye, instead, my eyes slowly drifted over to the drivers rear view mirror and saw him staring at me with large eye bags underneath his dark brown eyes.

"Don't just sit there dummy get out of the car!" Quackity yelled as he pushed Karl away and started yanking my arm.

I groaned sleepily and undid my seatbelt, grabbing my rucksack that lay against the floor and, using all of my effort, climbed out of the car, swinging the oversized bag over my shoulder.

I stepped away from the car as my eyes squinted against the harsh sunlight of Florida.

Quackity extended his arm and pushed the door shut as Karl apologised to the driver and paid him using Sapnaps card on his phone.

"Dude, George, you've been really tired lately. You alright, man?" Quackity asked with a caring note in his tone. "Yeah, fine. Just didn't sleep well, I guess." I replied, "Don't worry about me though. I'm good." I reassured him weakly, holding back the strong urge to yawn.

I heard the car start up behind me as it sped off down the road to pick up a new guest.

I stared at it with unwavering eyes until it finally turned around the corner as I ripped my eyes from the vehicle.

Suddenly, I felt Karl's arm link around mine as he smiled kindly at me.

I watched as Sapnap took out his phone and held it up to his ear.

"What is he doing-" I asked before getting cut off by Karl. "Shh! He's calling the relative of the Wastaken's. They were meant to be here waiting for us." Karl answered, staring curiously as Sapnap as he talked on the phone.

Sapnap angrily hung up the phone and shoved the device into his pocket, crossing his eyes and tapping his foot.

"You alright, Sap?" Karl asked as unlinked our arms, and instead, walking towards Sapnap. "Yeah, it's just annoying. She said she would be here in like ten minutes or some shit." He responded angrily, looking away and down the road to avoid eye contact.

I smiled playfully at Sapnap's short temper as I looked over at the house.

It was a brick house with a wooden porch of the right side that fitted in nicely with the wall. On the right side of the house, there was wooden trellis with dead bougainvillaea's growing up it in various shades of brown, with a pit of dead leaves and flowers underneath it. There was a concrete path leading up to the house's front door, which was a forest green colour with a blurred rectangular window near the top. There was a small garden on the left, next to the wall with dead pink primroses planted in neat flowerbeds.

I walked down the path and sat on the porch step, leaning my arms on my legs as I hunched over and fiddled with the various objects in my pocket, eventually finding the safe keys for my hotel room.

I spun them around my finger and listen to the sound of clashing metal as Quackity walked over next to me, snatching the keys from my hand and hiding them in his fist.

"Dude! Give it back!" I cried as Quackity spun them around his finger, just like I did seconds ago, but worse. Obviously.

I stood up and swiped at the keys, knocking them to the ground as we immediately scrambled to grab them for ourselves.