°•●Chapter 3 ●•°

_-*George's POV*-_

The room was smaller than the others, and it felt like I had almost shrunk. Around the room, lay small children's toys.

However, one of the toys stood out compared to the others.

It was an wooden xylophone with a stain of dark red splattered on its side as it was discarded onto the floor.

I walked along the creaky floorboards and felt a tight constricting feeling that made me nauseous the closer I got to the object.

My chest rose and fell at an irregular pace as I approached it, the feeling only getting worse and worse.

I blinked a few times to focus as my vision drifted in blurry motions that made me feel a sick feeling coming up my throat.

I swallowed it down and reached for the small item, extending my fingers towards it slowly.

Suddenly, I felt a cold breeze brush against my fingers.

I looked up to see if a window or something was open, but there was no reason for a sudden draft to be in here.

I frowned, but continued to search the room for anything else... unusual.

The room had a small white crib, covered in scratches and even a few strokes of blue and green crayons around the legs of the cot.

Above it, was a broken, wonky looking mobile which stood still, despite the sudden wind.

There was a chest of drawers to the right of the door with a lamp and three books stacked on top if eachother on it.

There was a window on the far wall which let the sun cast warm rays of sunlight onto the dusty wooden floorboards.

Other than that though, the room was empty compared to the other filled spaces.

It also gave a sad, moody, depressing feeling when you entered.

As he stepped towards the crib, I extended my neck and lifted my nose into the cold air to catch a glimpse of what was inside, if anything, and saw a small dishevelled brown bunny sprawled out in the middle of the small mattress.

I carefully reached a cool hand towards the small plush, picking the rough cotton up into my hands.

I held it with my left hand and waved his arm at myself.

The small rabbit made me feel safe in this frosty room. Like one small bit of hope still existed.

The bunny lay motionless in my hand with its limbs drooping down towards the ground.

The more I stared into the small beady eyes, the more I grew interest with the small soft toy.

"George!" I heard Sapnap yell from downstairs, snapping me away from my trance.

"What?" I called back, glancing towards the empty doorframe.

"Come downstairs!" He yelled, his voice creating a small echo to ring throughout the thin walls of the house.