3. seven minutes in heaven

— JAY'S POV

The car they drive in is filled with jokes, loud music and laughters from Jay's little circle that consists of Jake, Sunghoon and Jungwon. When Jay first enrolled into this college, the first person that reached out to him to make friends during the first year was Jake Sim. Knowing that Jay used to live in Seattle, Jake was trying his best to introduce himself as a "I am Korean, but the people here treats me like I am a foreigner". And just like that, they both became great buddies. Becoming Jake's friend just means they would bicker over the petty stuffs on cultural differences between these two countries.

While as for Sunghoon — also known as Park Sunghoon was in the same class as Jay during their second semester. Sunghoon and Jungwon were practically best buddies since they were in high school. Jay figured that being friends with this pair has helped him a lot in his studying. In fact, without Sunghoon and Jungwon, he would've failed this one subject but they were kind enough to pick him to be in their assignment project. And that was how their bond was created.

The four of them finally make their arrival in front of Nishimura's mansion. Jay gawks at the sight of a gigantic yet elegant property right before him. This is his first time getting invited to a party of upper-class people. Sure. Most people from his instituition are mad wealthy, but he did not expect for such luxurious sights. They rang the bell of the entrance door before their eardrums meet the sound of blasting loud techno music. "Jake? And friends? Come on in guys!" Riki greets them warmly while inviting the rest of others in.

The mansion is full of unfamiliar faces that Jay hasn't known or met before. After all, it's a party. No matter how much of a loser he feels, no one here would be fazed by his existence. "You guys should go on and have fun! I am gonna have some drinks first with Jay" Jake announces to both Sunghoon and Jungwon, only to receive their nods in return. Jake pulls Jay closer to him, wrapping his arm over his shoulder and mischiveously smirks, "Did you forget our first purpose why we came here?". Jay could expect it from his buddy, but Jake ends up continues. "Our mission is to find Anais dude!".

Jay escapes an annoyance sigh before rolling his eyes. He still couldn't believe Jake wasn't over this Anais thing, "I told you, I am not doing this. Plus, why would I find her? She's probably here with Heeseung anyways". His friend cackles next to him as soon as they walk through a hall that leads to the kitchen section where plenty of drinks were served along the counter bar. Jake reaches out for two cans of beer, scanning around. "You're not competitive as I thought you were, Jay. You've been crushing on this girl for almost two years already".

"Which part of boundaries did you not understand man? Her relationship status is enough to make me draw the line unless she's single—" Jay mutters.

"See? You still have the guts to wait for her" Jake sneers next to Jay at the corner of the kitchen when they were surrounded with playful drunkards, "or you're basically wasting your time over some girls that doesn't know your existence".

"I am not wasting time. I am not waiting for anyone, so I am good" Jay takes a small sip of the beer, engulfing in the bitterness of alcohol on his tongue. "—and Anais knows me".

"She knows you?!" Jake's eyes widen, unbelieved.

"We talked last time. At the cafe she's working" Jay states coolly. He tries so hard not to show much reaction from the meet he had with his crush before.

"Well, that's a good start. See if we can find her outside yeah?". Jake drags Jay away from the kitchen to the other section of the mansion — it was in the living room where a group of party goers play games. While they just got out of the kitchen, it feels like someone that Jay wishes to meet tonight has been summoned. Both of them stop in their tracks as soon as they notice Anais' arrival at the entrance door, "Speak of the devil. . ." The brunette smirks.

Jay wasn't surprised by her arrival but his curiosity within him builds up when he realises that she comes by her own company. No Heeseung in sight next to her. Jay's thought has been snapped by Jake again, "Why don't we go up there and join them for some games huh?".

𖦹彡

It's been two hours since Jay boosted his serotonin by having some fun — taking several shots of beers, playing games with the rest of new faces of people, drowning himself and his thoughts in the loud background music while getting slumped on the couch in the living hall. While he was busy scanning, his eyes would always end up caught staring at this one person. Of course, none other than Anais Kim. The girl of his dream. Despite sea of people flooded the whole room, Anais would always be the girl Jay ends up laid his eyes on.

She stands there at the corner of the staircase, having a good time by herself, before the appearance of Heeseung ruined Jay's pretty view. The male slowly approaches to her with a subtle touch as he's trying to hold her. But to Jay's surprise, Anais pushes him away from her. She seems somewhat; upset and uncomfortable. Heeseung tries to talk to Anais but she's in this position where she isn't ready to speak to him. 'I love this drama' Jay thought to himself, creeping a smirk at the corner of his lips.

It was never his intended to pray for anyone's downfall, but if it were to occur towards Lee Heeseung, he deserves it. He's an asshole and never deserved so much love that Anais had to offer. Jay gulps his final sip of the alcohol from the can before heading to others as they are starting a game called Seven Minutes In Heaven.

Jay watches Anais steps away from Heeseung, tended join the main highlight of the party. As Jay is about to sit in the circle, he reunites with Jake, Sunghoon and Jungwon again as they are joining for the game. His eyes couldn't stop searching for Anais until her figure was found again as she's taking a seat across Jay. There she is. As gorgeous as ever. Jay thought.

"Alright guys, it's almost midnight and I know you guys are waiting for this game to come. . ." Felix, the main host of the game announces as he stands in the center. "Therefore, Seven Minutes In Heaven" He announces while others are cheering, hyped up by the awaited game.

Seven Minutes In Heaven — a game where miracles could happen within those seven minutes in a dark room. Just mention it. A make out session? First kiss? Blow jobs? Maybe if this game could be extended to Thirty Minutes In Heaven, even a one-night stand could happen.

"I am sure most of you know the rules of the game anyway. So I don't think I need to explain that much right?" The host states, placing a glass bottle in the middle for a spin. "Okay, who would like to volunteer to go first?". Nobody is ever too hungry for sex to be the first person that would go and hide in the pitch-black room with a stranger.

"Me" The familiarity of the voice tone makes Jay looks up at them. It was Anais — raising her arm up straight while staring down at the cold tiles. "Well Anais Kim! Please come here and spin your bottle" The host invites her to spin the bottle in the center. Jake pokes at him with his elbow, threatening to tease him again. Jay sighs defeatedly.

Anais puts so much force on the bottle to spin. It spins fast but then slowly. . .

Slowly. . .

Slowly. . .

It lands on Jay's direction.

————