1. unexpected turns

— JAY'S POV

Having to sit still, paying no attention in the two-hour lecture is the only thing that dreads Park Jongseong from going to class as a third-year college student. It barely passes an hour since the Sociology class started, but he constantly tosses and turns clumsily in his chair while having his back rested in a hunched position. His eyes stare bored at the sight of words and facts he has never heard about on the screen right before him.

Jay never really paid his full attention to the professor because he's the type to revise notes after classes. He finds studying on his own is more effective rather than being in a hall listening to lectures with some other students who probably have the same thought as him. Unknowingly, his notebook is already full of scratchy black-ink as Jay scribbles circles on a blank page. His mind elsewhere. His sight stares back and forth from the screen to girl that sits at the front.

Right before him, there's also Anais Kim — the girl who he has a huge crush on ever since he stepped his foot in this college. Anais Kim is the only main reason that motivates him to attend the Sociology class — he'd secretly steal a glance over her and grin to himself when she acts in a way that flushes him all red. In Jay's definition — Anais' beauty is out of this world. She is the exquisitely gorgeous girl he had ever laid his eyes on.

But Jay's smile gradually fades into a thin line as he watches Heeseung pulls her hand into his clasp. The female sheepishly grins at the action of her boyfriend, slapping his hand away from her as she stares down at her lap. Yup. Lee Heeseung, the so-called gentleman of this campus is unfortunately Anais Kim's boyfriend. They have been going out for almost a year. Jay never understood what Anais really saw in that man at all. Yeah, sure, Heeseung is slightly taller than Jay, slightly excellent at sports, slightly popular but is he any smarter?

Regardless of their relationship status, it is totally none of Jay's business to interfere and steal her away from someone else. He's not the type of a guy that hunts after someone else's girlfriend. Never. Jay merely adores Anais Kim from afar because he's aware of his own worth and he knows that he will never be able to reach for her hand, atleast for now.

𖦹彡

The two-hour lecture is finally over. Jay has another two hours gap in between before his final-year project meeting, therefore he chooses to be away from the crowds and headed to a cafe nearby his campus. "I saw everything. . ." Jake snaps next to Jay, as he clumsily stumbles in his own steps. "You still couldn't get over Anais, right?".

"What are you even yapping about?" Jay denies the fact as he rolls his eyes out of annoyance. He knows damn well that Jake won't easily leave him alone after getting caught himself staring at Anais Kim, in fact, for the nth time.

"She's right in front of me, dude and I have a pair of eyes. . ? Am I not allowed to stare at what was in front of me? Is that enough information to make you stop talking now?" He fires back, clenching his jaw. As much as he hates getting teased by Jake, he secretly likes it when people talk about Anais to him.

"Woaa, relax man" Jake snakes his arm around Jay's neck as they walk in the same pace. "I was just gonna help you get her, alright?".

"Bullshit. Stealing someone else's girlfriend isn't my thing. You know that, right?" Jay is taken aback by those statement from his friend. He finds himself shaking his head repeatedly. "You can't do that. I-I am not doing that".

"Jay, you like her!" Jake's eyes widen as he pulls the subject closer to him, "does staying away from her makes it any difference if you're keeping feelings for someone else's girlfriend? Might as well kill two birds with one stone, yeah?". Out of many friends he owns, Jake surely has the most bizarre idea in his brain that will get him in so much trouble.