4. reckless kiss

— ANAIS' POV

Anais has no idea what has gotten into her brain, but her reckless decision to be the first person that would enter Seven Minutes of Heaven was definitely influenced by her intoxicated mind. The whole argument with Heeseung made it more worse because she knows how upset she was with him. And how upset Heeseung would be if he knows she does this on purpose to make him feel miserable. Like a shadow, Jay tails her from the back before they could enter one of Nishimura's vacant rooms. The male was all silent as soon as they step in. "I broke up with my boyfriend" Anais blurts out.

"Oh. . ." was the only thing that slips out of Jay's mouth. Anais takes several steps towards Jay as she scans his prominent, sharp features. A few light streaks that peeks through the room's window is the only source that could help Anais scrunitizes Jay as closer than ever. "—and I want you to kiss me" Anais mumbles under her breath. The male shakes his head in return, taken aback, "Not when you're drunk, Anais".

"Why not, Jay?" Anais asks, resting her arms around Jay's neck as she pulls him closer to her body.

"Because you'll regret it once you're all sober up" The male swallows the truth down his throat like a pill. His words sound bitter just like aftertaste of the alcohol. "We barely know each other, Anais" Jay's lips parts as he mutters softly.

"I don't care if you don't know me because that's the purpose of this game" Anais retorts, her warm breath tickles against Jay's exposed collarbone. He gazed down at her eyes to make sure she doesn't regret uttering something that she did not mean.

Her fingers strokes at the edge of Jay's jaw, "I promise you, I will never regret it". Just like that, Anais fervently crashes her lips onto Jay's. The male doesn't immediately react at first, but as soon as Anais attacks his territory with her tongue, Jay passionately battles back. A pleasurable moan emits through his mouth as the kiss melts away the tension they both had earlier.

The male pushes Anais against the wall as their kiss grows passionate. Jay's tongue moves rather gentle yet explosive as he devours the sweetness of Anais' mouth. She was intoxicated under his warm touch, finally finding his hair to fist in as Jay dips into her deeper against the wall. This man radiates warmness, just like the sun that makes her craves for every inch of him.

Anais breathes in for some air in between the kiss, as she explores downwards at the area of his honey-like neck, collarbone and returns back to his agape lips. "You're so fucking beautiful, Anais" He sweet whispers against her lips, lifting her chin so he can kiss her again and again and again. But before they know it, a light knock from the outside of thr door could be heard. "Seven minutes is up guys. You guys can come out now".

Jay puts the kissing session at halt before pulling her away gently. His eyes still wanders on Anais' passionately before muttering. "Whatever happens between us after this, I'll accept it" He finally loosens his grip from her body and takes a step back away.

Their seven minutes were up and Anais exits the room with Jay as if nothing happened. She maintains her face expression when she returns back to the circle. Noticing Heeseung impatiently waits for her outside, Anais tries to avoid him. "What happened in there, Anais?".

"We just— sat there on the floor and chat" Anais blurts out a lie. She couldn't look at Heeseung as she excused herself to leave. "Tell me the truth!" He grabs her wrist angrily.

"Why does it matter, Heeseung? We broke up anyway. . ." Anais states adamantly. "and nothing happens. We just sit and talk. That's all" She lies again.

"But I still love you, baby" Heeseung confesses as he's following Anais from behind. "can you give me another chance? I know I was wrong. I fucked this up, Anais. I want us to fix this again, please? I still want you. . ." Heeseung's heavy voice cracks up in his throat as he begs. She has never seen Heeseung was being as desperate as he is right now.

𖦹彡

Anais wakes up the next morning feeling all heavy and dizzy in her head, realising how much of alcohol she must've consumed last night at the party. She reaches out for her phone inside her bag, just to find a text from Heeseung as it reads 'I dropped you home last night after the party. If you're feeling better today, can we meet up and have a talk again? Love you'. She sighs defeatedly after reading his message. Right now, Anais is in complete dilemma about Heeseung's love towards her.

The day before the party, she compulsively asked Heeseung for a breakup. She started to realise that being with him drains her energy so much. She never felt the love around Heeseung, instead this so-called romantic affair she had with him was all blinded by their sexual activities. It felt like making love with Heeseung was merely infatuated without any pure, raw emotions involved between them.

As much as Anais wants to clear things up with Heeseung, she has another priority that needs to be settled today— which is paying her mother a visit at the hospital. Today is supposed to be her turn to look after her mother. While on her way to the hospital, Anais decides to stop by at this cafe nearby to purchase her mother's favourite desserts, Tiramisu. As she finally makes her arrival at the front door of her mother's ward room, she peeks in through a small glass to see his little brother, Sunoo, is also there.

"Sunoo, what are you doing here now?" Anais steps inside the room while extending her arms to wrap around her little brother's body. "Aren't you supposed to have a training today?" Anais asks as she almost tears up in his shoulder. Anais misses him, she misses being around Sunoo a lot.

"You're such a cry baby, Anais. I am here because Mom told me you'd come today, so I might as well. . . surprise you I guess?" He states before pulling her away from their hugs.

"Aww my babies. You two come here and hug me!" Mrs Kim mutters while opening her arms for their hugs. "I miss you a lot, Anais" The female smooches on top of Anais' hair and she coos, "I am all good! I miss you too, Mom. I brought you your favourites". Mrs Kim's eyes light up warmly just to see what Anais bought to surprise her.

"So, my baby brother. How was your training's going?" Anais asks while teasing Sunoo because she knows it well that her brother doesn't like to be babied.

"Ew can you stop this at once? I am disgusted!" Sunoo sassily rolls his eyes before continues. "Training has been great, but pure exhausted".

For anyone who isn't familiar with Anais' family background, Kim Sunoo is in fact Anais half-brother. When Anais' parents were still together, she was just the only child that her parents had. Not until her biological dad dumped his family behind to return back to England. Since then, she hadn't really heard anything from him— whether he is still alive or dead. Even if he's still alive, she won't be bother anymore.

Just right two years after the separation of Anais' parents, her mother finally met and got married to Sunoo's dad— which she happened to be lucky enough to have another younger brother despite the fact they are half siblings. But, it has been fated that their lives are meant to be fucked up right after her step father passed away, leaving the three of them in such a rough situation.

As for now, Sunoo is a trainee under an entertainment company while Anais, earning money on her own for the sake of her family and herself.

————