night fever. two bit mathews

it was saturday night at bucks road house, he threw parties almost every weekend, sometimes they'd even last up until sunday morning

it was saturday night at bucks road house, he threw parties almost every weekend, sometimes they'd even last up until sunday morning. they were small but you could hear the loud music and commotion from miles away.

tonight everyone was carousing, eddie cochran was on the jukebox.

"0oh well, i got a girl with a record machine
when it comes to rockin' she was the queen"

as soon as they heard eddies voice, everyone got up and started dancing to the beat. it doesn't matter if you were alone or dancing with your boyfriend or girlfriend, no one could resist to eddie.

you could feel the movement of ground as you danced, you ignored the fact that it was getting late, you could only imagine the anger on your parents face, seeing you come home late again.

and you may or may have not drank a little.

your body was shaking to the rhythm of the song, not acknowledging anything, you couldn't see the pair of eyes staring you dance.

you felt a small tap on your shoulder and you quickly turned around to see a tall guy, dark blondish hair, long side burns, with a jaunty beam on his face.

your movements slowed down but didn't stop when you turned to him.

"ya like eddie?" he shouted over the loud music.

"oh yeah he's my favourite! you like him too?" you replied.

"yeah, i saw you dancin', you look really pretty when you dance y'know?"

you could feel your cheeks flush, thank god he couldn't notice due to the poorly lit house.

"thanks, you wanna dance with me?"

he was a bit taken aback but he didn't show it, mostly girls turn him down because of how he can be too "energetic" but he either way, there's no way he'd turn your smile and that twinkle in your eye when you asked him.

you guys danced together, moving to the music, you guys exchanged laughs and got to know eachother.

"i'm a little thirsty two bit, aren't you?" you asked drowsily. you felt your feet ache and desperately wanting to sit down.

you both stopped dancing and walked over to the bar to have a seat.

"yeah, you wanna beer or somethin'?

he was getting tired too, you felt the heat of the house and sweat build up on your foreheads.

"nah, i want water." you shook your head.

"there's a 24/7 diner, probably 20 minutes from here, i'll take ya there if ya want."

"i'd love that, let's go!" you finally caught your breath.

you hurried out the bar and walked off to his car. he opened your door, and signalled you to get in

"ladies first." he gestured his hands chivalrously as he smiled jokingly.

you chuckled at his jokes, and entered his car, he gently shut the door, you looked around his old, 1949 plymouth. it felt empty and cold.

two bit went around the back and got inside the car, he turned on the engine, and drove off of bucks.

you felt the cold night breeze on your face as two bit was driving, he caught short glimpses of your face, before his eyes got back on the road. admiring your beauty.

you looked up at the probably midnight sky, you knew your folks were gonna be so pissed at you, but you were just trying to enjoy this while it lasts.

driving by the dark houses, under the moonlight, you rested your head on your arm and your gazed faded.

finally, two bit arrived at the dimly lit 24/7 diner, you could smell the stale coffee and grease from outside of the parking lot. the big neon lights outside of the diner flickering.

two bit shifted the gear to park, both of you got out of the car, two bit waited for you on the sidewalk and stuck out his hand for you to hold.

you smiled up at him and took his hand with yours. you guys walked into the restaurant and it was completely empty, all the booths and tables were vacant.

you and two bit sat at the nearest booth.

a nice young lady came up and welcomed you, handing you the menus.

"what can i serve y'all tonight?" she held up her note pad.

"i'll just take a water please." you handed her back the menu, you were more parched than hungry.

"and i'll just take a milkshake, thank you." he lightened a quick smile at the waitress. she nodded and took the menus back.

i look at two bit mildly confused,

"a milkshake? this time of night?" you chuckled.

"ya think that's crazy, i have chocolate cake and beer for breakfast." he snickered. you couldn't help but laugh at his joke.

two bit looked outside the window next to us.

"damn it's as dark as coal tonight." he turned to you.

"you're right it is."

the sweet waitress brought over your orders, she placed the drinks on the table. before she could turn around and leave, you asked her, "what time is it ma'am?"

she looked down at the watch on her wrist.

"it's about 12:30 am."

you sighed and thanked her, your expressions turned sour.

"you gotta head home or sumthin'? you look bummed." he took a sip out of his milkshake.

"no, it's just my parents are totally gonna flip out on me." you lightly drank your water.

"but you had fun tonight right?" he furrowed his brows.

"yeah i did, i have fun almost every saturday night, but tonight was special." you replied flirtatiously.

"oh yeah? why's that?" he grinned.

"i met you, we literally danced the night away and we ended up at a diner at 12 in the mornin."

"sounds like we both gotta bad case of night fever, doll." he slurped up his milkshake quickly.