Handsome Devil II

The brunette wakes up in a haze, his neck in pain and his mind dazed. He looks around, his mind racing. He runs hair fingers through his greasy hair, trying to remember anything he could.

He pieces it together, getting attacked. Pinned down on the cold street. Poisonous fangs sinking deep into his skin, seeping his pours with infection. He stands on wobbly legs, his breath ragged.

He takes in his surroundings with a more clear mind now, taking in every detail. He spins a few times, his heart racing in his chest.

"I had a feeling you would still be alive."

Dallon grunts, turning to the voice. "I'm already dead, dumbass, I can't die twice." He growls, feeling a cold presence near him.

There's a small chuckle that makes shivers run down Dallon's spine. "What do you want from me?" He spins more, trying to pinpoint the sound of rustling around him.

Pete appears, blood smeared across his lips. He looks to Dallon, a hungry look in his eyes. "I just want to ask a few questions." He speaks low and threatening, nearing the brunette.

"I'm not answering shit." Dallon spits, standing taller. "Come closer." He takes a deep breath, narrowing his eyes. "See what happens."

Pete outright laughs. "Pathetic." His lips curve into a smile. "I drank about three pints of your blood already. You're lucky you're still standing." Pete grunts out, nearing him more.

Dallon's heartbeat picks up, he swallows hard, fear threatening to take over his body. He shakes slightly. "What do you want to ask..." he lets out, his voice dressed in fear.

Pete can smell how afraid he is, it adds to the moment. He licks his lips, choosing his next words wisely. "What can you tell me about the devil king..." Pete's voice drips with threat.

Dallon's breath hitches. "I can't tell you about him." He whispers as Pete nears him.

"That wasn't a question. It was a demand." Pete barks. "You want to go for four pints? I know I can't kill you but I can make you fucking suffer."

Dallon breathes out hard. "They'll make me suffer too..." He says quietly. "I'd rather be left to rot than tell you shit."

Pete chuckles, "Feisty." He smirks, grabbing Dallon and pinning him to a nearby tree. "You're gonna start speaking now, or I'll make sure you're unrecognizable."

Dallon's lower lip quivers as he utters, "Fuck. You."

Pete throws Dallon to the floor hard. "Fucking useless piece of shit. You think anyone in that so called kingdom cares about you? They don't even realize you are gone."

As Pete speaks he straddles Dallon, looming over him.

"You are nothing. Nothing to them. Just another pawn. Another chew toy for people like me."

Pete throws a punch, hitting Dallon in his nose hard.

"They won't miss you. Nobody will fucking miss you."

Pete beats Dallon's face in hard; punching him repeatedly.

"DO YOU HEAR ME? YOU. ARE. NOTHING."

Pete stops, watching blood trickle down Dallon's face. He leans down, licking it off the brunettes cheek, savoring the sweet flavor of victory on his tongue.

"You gonna start talking pretty boy?" The vampire questions against Dallon's ear.

Dallon's teeth attach to his bottom lip, trembling slightly.

"Wh-what do you want to know exactly?" He lets out gruffly, trying his best not to whimper due to the pain.

Pete smiles. "That's a good boy. Tell me what he can do. What he's capable of." Pete's voice is low.

"Shapeshifting...flight, immortality, super strength, super stamina, super senses, telepathy, voice mimicry, weather manipulation, regeneration, teleportation...there's more, those are the ones I know of."

As Dallon lists all the things that Patrick can do, Pete's breath hitches slightly, his body tingles thinking about it, gaining interest as Dallon goes on.

"Fuck..." Pete breathes out when Dallon finishes speaking. "I can't wait to meet him."

"If you can get to him." Dallon grunts.

"Where is he."

Dallon shakes his head. "Haven't I given you enough information?"

Pete growls. "Do you want me to beat your head against a fucking tree? Tell me." Pete barks.

Dallon clenches his teeth together and lets out a hiss. "Don't you want the thrill of the chase? Y'know...catch your prey." Dallon speaks breathlessly, looking up at the vampire.

"You're right." Pete licks his lips, the thought of chasing the devil down sends a shiver up his spine. "Guess I won't be needing you anymore, huh?"

Pete picks up the brunette with ease, throwing him hard. Dallon hits a tree, he cries out before falling limp onto the floor.

"Nice working with you." Pete smiles before scampering off.

////

Travie's eyes wander around the enduring forest, the tall trees looming over him as he walks quickly. His guard permanently up, his head snapping towards any and every sound he hears.

Including the small cries of pain.

He listens for a moment, taking in the noises. He nears the source of the sound, whimpers and muffled cries growing louder as his feet carry him across the forest floor.

His tongue grazes his fangs as he stops. He slowly turns the corner, spotting the brunette on the floor. He immediately crouches down.

"Who did this to you?" He asks, shaking Dallon fiercely.

"Vampire." He sobs out, "Please don't hurt me." He adds.

"Did he have black hair? Covered his face? Shit eating grin?"

Dallon nods and Travie grunts.

"Which way did he go?"

Dallon points West with a nimble finger, using all his energy to raise it. "Please don't leave me here." He sobs out, grabbing Travie's arm and clutching it.

Travie pulls away, his eyes narrow. "You won't be forgotten." He speaks quietly. "It's best if you stay here anyways."

Travie stands and Dallon cries out. As Travie turns on his heel and begins walking away, Dallon falls limp once more, His whole body hurting and aching.

Travie walks carefully and quietly, cursing at Pete's stupidity along the way, wishing he wasn't responsible for whatever Pete is up to.

Wishing William would be proud of Travie did manage to stop Pete.