Chapter 22

"I didn't know Auntie Larissa was dating Monsieur Leopold," Estelle Borier-Delancy confronted her cousins, "how come you didn't tell?" Estelle, two years older and sixteen, was tall with a fae like beauty, sporting beautiful bronze hair and bluish purple eyes. She resembled her grandmother, Antiope, the most out of all the woman's nineteen grandchildren. Her special eyes, trademark of the Borier family, were gifted with the ability to see magic itself. That's why many spell-crafters and curse-breakers came from the Borier family, as they were uniquely able to see the tendrils of magic that spells and curses were made up of.

"Yeah," Freya, the girl's younger sister pouted, "I put money on him dating Jenny's sister. It would have been nice to know." The blonde gave her cousins a rather cross look, her silvery blue eyes pinning them with her harsh stare.

"We won't apologize for respecting our mother's wishes," Damian answered firmly, facing Freya's silver eyes with his own jade ones, "but we will apologize for the hurt you are feeling because of that decision. I understand it is frustrating, and we are sorry to have put you in such a position."

"I will never get over this boy's maturity," Euphemia laughed in good nature, "he's a breath of fresh air."

"I feel like we should be offended," James mumbled to Sirius, who immediately agreed with his brother. Euphemia was definitely directing that subtle critique to them.

"You're too mature," the fifteen year old girl threw her hands up in frustration, "I can't be mad at you for very long."

"Do you like him?" Isaac, the only boy of the Borier-Delancy children, inquired, "he's okay in school, but he can be very different outside of the classroom."

"He's a nice guy," Victor shrugged, "doesn't mean I haven't struggled to accept him as my mother's boyfriend. I thought it was cool in the beginning, but as they got closer, it got really weird."

"Sucks," Boaz Cartier sympathized with Victor, "how long has this been going on?"

"Since last year," Layla answers this time, "though I'm not exactly sure when they started dating. All I know is that Maman is happy. And if she's happy with him, why should I care? All three of us liked him as a teacher before, so why should that change now that he's dating our Mom?"

"Seems as if they've finally come to terms with the situation," Lyra commented, a blonde brow raised, "good."

"Speaking of him being a teacher," Boaz redirected the conversation, "Izzy, he'll be your teacher come next year. Now's the chance to get on his good side!"

"That's exactly my plan," Izzy sarcastically responded, "I'm going to dedicate my time to win over the notoriously easy to get along with teacher, and expend precious energy in brown nosing. Definitely sounds like an excellent idea brother mine."

"That's my boy!" Lillian cheered, "wait, they're both my boys? Which one should I be supporting? The one with the epic retort, or the one who just got all his bravado torn away?"

"I don't know Lils," Daniel sighed, "if you're going to decide though, please keep it to yourself. The less noise, the less those weird Blacks will look at us."

"They're still staring?" Lillian was surprised, "I thought they gave up ages ago."

As the two siblings had noticed, the Black family was carefully observing the Delancy siblings, desperate for any connection they could possibly make with Larissa Greengrass.

"What if we marry Regulus off to one of the Greengrass girls?" Walburga suggested, "the younger one would probably be better, as the older of the two sisters seems not be too pleased with her older sister."