2024

What's the point in writing letters anymore when The Lee Taemin knows where you live and visits your apartment every once in a while. And now that Taemin has finished his military service, he's around quite often.

"Are you almost done with the pork belly, Y/n?" He asks me from the other side of the kitchen as he's preparing the side dishes.

I give him a certified hum. "Give me about 3 more minutes." I respond, focusing on the cooking meat.

Taemin loves coming over for dinner. After a long day of work, he calls me to ask if I'm busy and asks to take me out for dinner. Sadly because he's a celebrity we can't go "out" out to eat.

"Uh Y/n? I think the rice cooker broke." Taemin says. I abandon the meat for a second to help him with the machine. "You nut job it's not plugged in!" I laugh, plugging in the rice cooker as we both laugh in unison.

Remember how I said I stepped away from the pork for a second? Yeah it might have been longer because the meat started burning...and caught fire.

Taemin quickly grabbed the fire extinguisher while I turned off the stove. All there was were dark burned pork blobs in the skillet. We both looked at each other.

"Cereal?"

What was supposed to be a fancy dinner night turned into a cereal slumber party. Taemin shows up in his pajamas sometimes but he's never slept over. We are now sitting on my living room couch watching a horror movie as we eat our bowls of cereal.

As we watch the movie I notice how Taemin has not reacted to any of the jump scares. He was watching the movie like it was a comedy. "What is wrong with you?" I ask randomly.

He looks at me with his face stuffed with cereal. "What do you mean?" He swallows his food giving doe eyes.

"She just got her head chopped off and you chuckled!"

Taemin snickered. "That could have been avoided. I'm laughing at how dumb her death was." He explains.

"Yeah but it was a very graphic scene!"

He gives me a smug look. "Did it scare you that much?"

I go quiet. Because it actually scared the shit out of me which is why I haven't taken anymore bites of my cereal. Which is probably soggy now. "No..." I lie.

Taemin puts his cereal bowl on the coffee table. "C'mere." He says opening his arm out to me. I was set aback at first, "I told you I'm not scared." I refuse turning my attention back to the television.

Just my luck. As soon as I turned my attention back to the tv another jumpscare happened. I scream and jump into Taemin's arms burying my face in his chest. He laughed at me, but hugged me back. "Not scared?"

"Shut up..." I mumbled into his chest.

I don't remember how much time had passed but the next thing I knew was that we were laying on my couch and he was spooning me from the back. The tv was turned off and my apartment was lit by candle light.

"Y/n..?"

I do recall being woken up by him. "Hm..?" I respond with my eyes still closed.

"I never asked you this but...why did you start sending me letters?"

I open my eyes. I think back to all those years ago when I was just a fan girl in love with my favorite boy band. I remember the day I picked up a piece of paper, I just poured my heart out into my letters. But why he asks?

I turn over and look at him. "Because...I fell in love with you. The moment I saw you. And for some childish reason I wanted you to know that." I say honestly.

Taemin stares at me as he listens.

"Ugh I probably shouldn't have told you that." I cringe.

He shakes his head. "I'm glad you did. Out of the millions and millions of letters I read throughout the year. There was just...something that always gravitated me to yours."

I try not to blush. "Trust me, I never thought some silly letters would get me this close to you." I say.

"Me neither." Without warning he held my chin and pulled me into a kiss.

"That's my special way to tell you...I love you too."