2020

It's the month of February. Your parents have bought you tickets to see Taemin's Solo Concert. You are going by yourself as you are wearing Taemin's 'MOVE' merchandise and you brought your Shinee light stick since Taemin doesn't have his own light stick yet. You are seated in the 17th row which is fine because you have a good view of the stage. There were tons of other people surrounding you but you didn't mind since this isn't your first concert. Today was different though, because you know after today's concert you will get the chance to meet Taemin backstage. Face to face. The crowd cheered as Taemin made his appearance which of course made you cheer too. Seeing Taemin on the stage after a long time of watching him on YouTube and TV shows made you notice how much he's grown from when you first discovered him. Which also made you nervous for when you meet me later. 

Taemin performed several songs from different albums and in between these few songs he would give one or two speeches then go backstage to change up his outfit and fix his hair. You knew every single one of Taemin's songs never missing a beat or lyric. "I love you Taemin!"

The time has come. You stood up from your seat and followed all the other fans from out the stadium exit. You looked at your ticket and there were some instructions on how to get backstage so you followed them. You used that ticket to be granted access to the backstage area and to be escorted to Taemin's dressing room. The staff told you to wait in the room until Taemin was hydrated from his performance. Not trying to be nosy you sit down on the couch and looked around the dressing room only with your eyes. In this process, something taped to the light up dressing room mirror caught your attention. You stood up from the couch and approached the familiar item, getting a good look at it you blush: The letter you sent Taemin from 2011. You take the letter off the mirror and reread your words from nine years ago which made your heart beat, feeling proud of the years you spent idolizing Taemin.

"That one is my favorite."

You jumped dropping the letter on the floor and turned around feeling a small fright from the sudden voice. Making eye contact with Taemin. Ever since 2013, you knew Taemin was the master of surprises. So quiet you didn't even hear him come inside the room. Taemin is wearing a black outfit with a blue scarf(brand unknown) His hair is raven black and you could see a shimmer of a blue in his eyes. 

Your body was having a tornado inside seeing how handsome Taemin is in person. "Taemin...It's you." You say for that being your surprised reaction, picking up the letter you dropped and putting it on the dresser. "I'm meeting you... For the first time!" You giggle, feeling your voice getting a little higher. "I know! And I am meeting you!" Taemin copies you doing his signature smile which was always contagious to you. 

You were so happy your body wanted to do so many things, "Do I shake his hand? Hug him? Ask how he's been?" You asked yourself which wound up in Taemin laughing at you, causing you to laugh with him. 

"I'm sorry I just, for so long I have watched you grow. You are literally my most favorite person in the entire world. Thank you so much for letting me meet you." You finally say. Taemin nods his head, "Believe me Y/n. It's an honor to meet you of all people. Sending me letters for the past twelve years is very motivating for not just me but the rest of Shinee as well. I am the one that should be thanking you." He says, making the handsomest/cutest face that makes when he's literally just talking to anyone. 

Your emotions fill your body like an active volcano getting ready to erupt, for this is a huge honor coming from a world famous idol. You didn't know whether to thank him again or anything. So instead, you cried. 

"Aww. Why are you crying? Don't cry." Taemin says pulling up his famous smile again and wrapping his arms around you, giving you a hug. That action seemed to make you feel more emotional and you begin sobbing at a loss of words and savoring every moment of this. 

Taemin pampered you until your cries were small sniffles, he hasn't stopped hugging you which made you feel a little embarrassed. You break the hug and wipe off your face from tears of joy, "Sorry, I had a moment there." You say as clearly as you could. Taemin understands, "That's alright. Would you like to sit down?" He offers the spot on the couch that you sat on before Taemin was in the room.

 You accept and sit down again, while Taemin sat across from you in a mini chair. "Taemin? Why is the letter that I sent to you in 2011 your favorite?" You ask. Taemin made himself comfortable, "The compliments you said about me in it were touching. That year I was going through some stuff and reading that letter took my sorrow away. I take that with me and read it every time I have a performance, for good luck is what I like to think." He chuckles. "Do you have a favorite letter you sent me?" 

You shake your head, "They are all my favorite. I wrote them all by heart." You say, which made Taemin grin seeing you touched him. "What inspired you to write to me?" Taemin asks, that being the million dollar question. You take a breath, "For as long as I know, writing was always the best way for me to express how I truly feel about something. Even since I was a child I liked the mailing process, but that was also my only source of communication with you. Even though it took you a very long time to respond to me, that just inspired to me to write more whether you got my letters or not. Plus, I always used the excuse that you were busy as motivation." You giggle. 

"You're incredible Y/n. A person like you is someone I will always remember."

Backstage meetings do have a certain time. Taemin had to get back to his hotel and you have to get back home. "Taemin?" You stop him before he leaves. "Will you really not forget about me?" You ask, looking at him one last time. Taemin strokes your head with one hand since you are a little shorter than him, "Of course. Only if you promise to continue writing to me, and coming to my concerts whenever you can." He says, looking at you one last time as well. You nod your head feeling your heart beat inside your chest, "I'll talk to you Taemin. Every year."

"And I'll talk to you."