chapter thirteen!

Hope crossed her arms over her chest and stared into the hairdressers, the best (and only) female hairdressers for miles. All the other 'hairdressers' were cramped barbers on the corner of every street. She walked into the slightly packed hairdressers and picked up one of the small books (magazines?) from a little pile on a table near the door and joined the end of the short line at the counter. She slowly flipped through the magazine looking at the different hairstyles, all pretty boring actually.

To be absolutely honest, she had no idea what she wanted. Something different. Something that would match with every outfit. Black she already had, and she didn't want to go back to blonde...not really. She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't realise that the line had cleared until a nervous voice called out,

"Um...can I help you ma'am?" Hope quickly walked towards the counter, apologising and bought a premium ticket from an anxious looking lady with purple hair, and sat down in the stuffed waiting area next to a woman dressed like she was going clubbing rather than getting her hair done. Hope looked down at her ticket '678' it said.

She sighed at the ticket and tucked it into her pocket and reopened the magazine to the back. Maybe a change of colour as well as a cut? Maybe a pale pink? Or a silvery blue? She fingered over those two colours, too bright maybe...maybe the blue, but lighter? Maybe even white hair...with highlights?

She looked up too see 669 get called. No way she we have to wait nine more numbers. Hope sighed and took out her phone and searched in the tab of pinterest cute haircuts.

Hope ran her fingers through her hair, these...were nice but too extravagant, and all pretty much the same wolfcuts and blowouts, she quite liked wolfcuts but everyone had them these days. As she had told Jolene, she didn't want to follow every trend. Maybe she should go short? She changed the search tab to short cute haircuts. She was disappointed.

It was the wolfcuts all over again but someone had taken some scissors and cut them in half. Hope sighed. She would just have to ask for a short wolfcut. And she would keep her hair black.

"Are you sure ma'am?" The pretty lady who was gonna cut her hair said skeptically,

"Honestly, no...could you give me a recommendation?" Hope sighed

"Maybe a jellyfish cut would suit you? Are you looking to dye?" She asked brushing out Hope's hair,

"Maybe but I'm not sure about the colour..." Hope murmured while she took out her phone and searched jellyfish cut on pinterest. Damn...not bad

"Well we have these new magic scheme in your mirror so you can see how you would look in different colours and hairstyles, would you like to try this out? You'd be one of our first customers!" The lady - Sakura her name tag said - added as if she had not already convinced her

"Uh - yes please!"

Sakura giggled and pressed a few buttons on the mirror and took out her wand out of her pocket and tapped the mirror with it. She then turned to Hope,

"Just tell me the colour you want to try!" Hope stared at herself in the mirror.

"A jellyfish cut...red...like normal red," Hope said quietly, "Wait no actually - "

"Ma'am do you need colour recommendations?"

"Yes - yeah...I really do,"

"Okay...close your eyes and I'll do the hard work," Hope closed her eyes and giggled -the lady giggled as well- and she heard the beeping of the mirror buttons.

"Okay, open your eyes." Hope opened her eyes and gasped.

"Perfect,"

chats between hestiara and moony <3