1.

Salish POV

I woke up to the rays of the sun shining directly on my face. I turned on my side to look at the clock. It was only five in the morning and I didn't want to sleep. So I went to the bathroom to do my usual hygiene. I even took a shower, which I don't do very often.

I enjoyed how the drops of warm water fell on my face. I love that feeling. When I got out of the shower, I got dressed. I put on a pink crop top (my favorite) and blue sweatpants.

Then I sat on the bed and looked at my phone. After a while, Instagram beeped at me. I didn't want to look at it, but it was from Nidal. Some photo. I thought it would probably be some photo that Nidal regularly posts on Instagram.

But now it was completely different. In that photo, he's with some girl I don't even know, and to make matters worse, the girl kisses him on the cheek. That threw me off, so much so that I tried not to cry. I had surges of emotions. Fear, sadness, anger, powerlessness.

After a while, when I somehow managed my emotions and calmed down, I decided to make breakfast. When I was preparing breakfast, I had to be quiet so as not to wake up my parents and my brother. I preferred to eat breakfast in my room. I didn't want to meet anyone today.

I put the breakfast plate on the bedside table and lay down. I had to keep thinking about Nidal. Above the photo. He has a girlfriend? Who is that girl? Lots of questions but no answers. It wasn't school yet because I overslept.

Hi, I hope you liked the first chapter.