7

Salish POV

I've been fooling around with Nidal all day. We laughed so hard. In the evening, our parents informed us that they were going to the cinema to see a movie and we would be alone in the house. Of course they told us to be careful. Let nothing happen to anyone. You already know it.

Once they left we went to my room and sat on the bed. We sat across from each other. There was such an awkward silence for a while, but then I dared to tell him the news.

S: Nidal, I have something to tell you.
N Okay
S I have a boyfriend
N: That's great

He said dejectedly.

S: Something is happening
N No. I just had a fight with my girlfriend
S: Oh, I'm sorry
N: So what are we going to do
S: Let's look at something

He agreed, so we went to the kitchen to make popcorn. I don't know why, but every time I make popcorn, I watch it pop. I was very surprised that Nidal wasn't watching. We always watch it together and now huh. I guess he really doesn't have his day. I was sorry for him.

S: Nidal is something going on?
N No why?
S You're acting weird after I told you I have a boyfriend.
N: You think so

He smiled, but I could tell it was a forced smile.

S: Fine, but if something happens, tell me.
N: Okay

Then we sat on the couch and played our old videos. We laughed so hard again.

We watched TV until about eleven and then went to bed. Nidal went to sleep in the guest room and I went to mine.

When I entered the room, I changed into my pajamas, turned off the light and went to bed. I couldn't sleep at all. I kept thinking about whether I had said something wrong or what had happened to him.

I didn't fall asleep until three in the morning.