Surges turning point?

Notable Characters:

Y/N is an anthropomorphic fox with a unique outfit with a foxlike mask covering their face and a modified Burst Wispon. They have a quiet demeanor, complex thinking, and prefer to stay out of the limelight but has a fiery temper. Y/N shares a close bond with Whisper and Tangle. Currently has a broken arm with a cast immobilizing it due to Metal Sonic. Silver has feelings towards them, but they rejected him. 

Whisper is an anthropomorphic wolf with a combat-oriented outfit. Since the betrayal, Whisper has become quieter and more reserved than Y/N, bottling up her emotions in stressful situations. She has a deep bond with Y/N through shared trauma and Tangle even though their complete opposite personality's.

Tangle is an anthropomorphic ring-tailed lemur with a prehensile tail. She is loud, friendly, and easily excitable. Tangle has strong friendships with Whisper and Y/N, providing support and encouragement to both.

Lanolin is an anthropomorphic sheep with a helpful and hardworking mindset. She is formal and easily startled, preferring to have a plan before taking action. Lanolin is willing to put herself in danger when needed and is good at recognizing when others are hurting.

A few days later...

The team was sitting at a round table, Y/N walked over to the round table, their demeanor tense and their expression stoic. Without a word, they took a seat and started eating silently, their eyes focused on their plate as they processed the events of the past few days. The anger that simmered beneath the surface was evident in the way they moved and the rigid set of their jaw, a stark contrast to the usually reserved and quiet fox. The tension in the air was palpable as Y/N's presence at the table brought a heavy weight to the room, their emotions a swirling storm of frustration and hurt.

Lanolin: You need to let it go Y/N.

Y/N remained silent; their gaze fixed on their plate as they continued to eat without acknowledging Lanolin's words. 

Before anyone could further say anything, Belle, Sonic and Amy walked over what really surprised and shocked the group was that Surge and Kit being here. The room fell to silence as the group simply glared, leaving Duo confused as he stared at his teammates.

Surge nudges Sonic.

Surge: Go on Mr. big shot. Say something.

Sonic: You not helping. 

Y/N's movements were deliberate and controlled as they reached for their Wispon and placed it on the table in front of them. The grip on the handle was firm, a silent reminder of their readiness for any situation that might arise.

Sonic: Look, I know there's some bad blood and for good reason, but if we can give em a chance, they'd be awesome in the Diamond Cutters.

Amy: Yes, but only if they want to join.

Sonic: Why wouldn't they want to kick butt?

Surge Yo. They are in the room, and they have thoughts and opinions of their own. 

Sonic and Amy: Sorry.

Duo: I think it's a great idea! The team gave me a chance and I'm nobody! Someone on par with Sonic and Tails would be a huge help!

Lanolin: I have my concerns but if they're coming from the recommendation of former commander Rose. I won't object. 

Amy: Lanolin, we've been through this...

Tangle: I believe Sonic and his ideals. I'm willing to give them a chance. 

Y/N shifted their mask.

Y/N: Whatever, let's just let a couple villains in, it's not like I get any opinions in this.

They leered at Lanolin.

Surge walked right up to Y/N, a wide grin on her face as she leaned in close to them. Her eyes sparkled with mischief as she spoke, thinking of how she finally got the quiet fox to speak up after all this time.

Surge: Well, look who finally has a voice! What's got you so fired up all of a sudden?

Y/N's eyes narrowed behind their mask as they stared back at Surge, their expression unreadable as they met her teasing gaze. Her words seemed to ignite a spark of defiance in them, the simmering anger beneath the surface now visible in the way they held themselves.

Surge's grin widened, clearly enjoying the interaction and the unexpected shift in Y/N's demeanor. She leaned in even closer, her playful demeanor contrasting with the tension in the air.

Surge: Come on, don't hold back now. Let's hear what else you've got to say. You've been silent for too long. Let it all out.

Y/N's hand moved swiftly, their Wispon coming up to meet Surge's chest in a subtle yet pointed gesture. The tension in the air was palpable as they pushed the weapon slightly, a clear message for her to back off. Surge's grin faltered slightly as she took a step back, the playful glint in her eyes dimming as she registered Y/N's unspoken warning.

Everyone one looked at Whisper for her decision.

Whisper: No. 

Sonic: C'mon Whisper...

Whisper: No. You can choose to trust her. I don't. I won't.

Surge burst into laughter, the sound ringing out through the room as she found the situation amusing.

Surge: Finally!

She swipes the Variable Wispon from Belle who was going to deliver it to Whisper herself. She holds it out to her.

Surge: You're the first to show ANY sense around here. I can tell you and the fox want to take me out, here and now. I LIKE you. Maybe I will join your little club. You and the fox can aim you wisp-flingers at the back of my head any time. I don't blame either of you. I ENCOURAGE you.

Whisper grabs the Wispon before leaning in.

Whisper: Fine. I WILL be watching. 

Kit finally speaks up his voice sounded stressed.

Kit: IF SURGE JOINS, I'M JOINING TOO!

Surge kneels down petting the fox.

Surge: Yeah, yeah, were a package deal.

Y/N's eyes narrowed behind their mask as they watched Surge walk off with Sonic and Amy, a mix of frustration and suspicion evident in their gaze. Their jaw clenched tightly, their posture stiff and rigid as they tried to process Surge's sudden change of heart and the implications of her joining the team. The tension in the air was palpable as Y/N's glare followed Surge, their guarded expression a stark contrast to Surge's carefree demeanor.