Author's Note

For those of you who decided to brave this book, I say thank you. I appreciate that you are taking the valuable time out of your day to check out my work. It means a lot.

  This, as the description said, is a collection of short pieces of writing that I have created. Some are shorter than short. Some are decently long. Others are pieces of poetry I took a swing at years ago and may try again someday. Each one is about duality.

The Oxford Dictionary describes duality as:

1. the quality or condition of being dual.
2. an instance of opposition or contrast between two concepts or two aspects of something; a dualism.

I'm writing about the latter. My own definition of duality is this: good and bad reflecting off of each other. Of course, these things may not actually be bad or good, negative or positive, but that's just an example. This rewrite of an excerpt of a poem I wrote long ago may help to give you a better idea:

With dawn comes dusk,
With dusk comes dawn,
With good comes evil,
With evil comes good,
With day comes night,
With night comes day.

There is also repetition of words but mirrored (they've been flipped) that I consider to be another sort of duality. I quite like writing this way, as it is fun and allows me to look at how certain things contrast one another. I hope it's not too confusing.

If you need me to clarify anything, or if you have requests (which may take me a while to write, as I rarely complete projects I start or go on here, but have faith), please comment here or shoot me a message. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I'm sure you've grown bored of my blabbering, so let us get on with it, shall we?