|0.1|

𝐃𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐲

My mother,rummaging through her outfits was cursing so loud this time.

" Mom please "
i entered the room,not noticing my mother was packing our clothes in huge suitcases.

I can see her looking terrified.

" oh my dear im sorry but i cant explain things right now " she exhaled .

Looked straight in my eyes trying to figure out how she would explain.

" Dad? " I noticed his pictures lying all over the floor as if my mother intentionally did this.

She hesitated for a second trying to speak but words won't come out of her mouth. She covered her mouth with her hands , running them all over her forehead and slightly tucking her hairs back.

I searched for the explanation because I don't think my mother is ready for an explanation right now.

" He is back, and we can't stay here . We need to leave this place . He knows where we are leaving and I'm sure h-he'll come back. I don't want you to see things which you are never meant to. "
Her voice broke , ending barly able to speak.

I don't understand why he is back.
I mean i-i I don't have any words for this.
Simply I know I'll be gone once he found us.
He simply wants me not my mother.

My mom would never let that happen.

He is back she kept mumbling .

If he .....
That means rich..
Richard is Here.

All the memories with him always makes me uneasy .

He might have forgotten me, but little did he know I didnt.

" Why is he back ? And why new york"
She looked pissed off by my words.

" I don't know "
Her words getting shorter with my each question.

" Mom , I know how you are feeling right now and I can understand but I don't wanna go and we are not leaving this place".

Pouring water in my glass I went towards her , offering her some.
She was sweating, I don't know why she needs to freak out .

I'm 20 , my mother had me when she was 18
Makes her 38 .
I remember the days when my mom was just a girl, not much older than I am now. She was only eighteen when she became a mother, but she took care of me with so much love and warmth.

My dad was around too, and we were a happy family. But things changed when I turned fifteen. Mom found out some bad stuff about dad and his friend Uncle Vincenzo. It was like our whole world fell apart in that moment.

When my mom got to know bout the guns and bullets, of how I missed one of those .
She stormed out in house blaming my dad because of course why not.
Richard saved me, because his dad was the one the gang leader or whatever it is called.

He didn't had any freinds around , except me because of our connection with the families.
He used to share how tough it is to live with monsters around.

Mom made the tough decision to leave dad, and he disappeared.
Sometimes, we still think about the good times we had with him, but it's hard.
Cause ....something even sadder happened. Mom found out she was pregnant with my baby brother, but we didn't have much money. We struggled a lot, and it was really tough. My little brother didn't make it, and it broke all our hearts.

But even through all that sadness, my mom stayed strong. She held us together with her love and care. Those early days of motherhood were the hardest for her, but they brought us even closer.