chapter-9

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

As Aria and Kole arrived in the village, they were greeted with exuberant cheers and warm embraces from the villagers. It had been several days since Aria had returned, and her presence brought immense joy to the entire community. Her mother enveloped her in a tight embrace, filled with pride and happiness at her daughter's return.

Entering their home, Aria was met with a heartwarming surprise as she saw her father and brother waiting for her, their faces beaming with excitement. It had been too long since they had all been together, and the unexpected reunion left Aria feeling overwhelmed with emotion. Despite her busy schedule and responsibilities, she cherished this rare opportunity to spend time with her family.

As night fell, the villagers organized a celebratory feast to mark Aria's homecoming. Laughter filled the air as they shared food, played games, and danced under the starlit sky. Amidst the festivities, Kole, known for his musical talent, urged Aria to join him in a song. Initially hesitant, Aria's father encouraged her to embrace the moment, and soon she found herself holding a guitar in her hands, ready to perform.

With grace and charm akin to a forest nymph, Aria began to sing Taylor Swift's 'willow,' her voice filling the night air with its melodic beauty. As she sang, the villagers listened in awe, captivated by her ethereal presence and the magic of the moment.

I'm like the water when your ship rolled in that night
Rough on the surface but you cut through like a knife
And if it was an open-shut case
I never would've known from that look on your face
Lost in your current like a priceless wine

Wait for the signal and I'll meet you after dark
Show me the places where the others gave you scars
Now this is an open-shut case
Guess I should've known from the look on your face
Every bait and switch was a work of art
The more that you say
The less I know
Wherever you stray
I follow
I'm begging for you to take my hand
Wreck my plans
That's my man
You know that my train could take you home
Anywhere else is hollow
I'm begging for you to take my hand
Wreck my plans
That's my man
Hey, that's my man
That's my man
Yeah, that's my man
Every bait and switch was a work of art
That's my man....

As Aria's voice wove through the verses, memories of Kevin flooded her mind, intertwining with the lyrics like vines in a forest. Lost in the melody, she poured her heart into each note, unaware of the eyes fixed upon her. It was only as the final chord faded that she blinked back to reality, startled by the realization that she had bared her soul before her entire community.

As Aria's song came to an end, she found herself enveloped in a bittersweet silence, the absence of Kevin casting a shadow over her heart. Despite the adoration of the villagers and the warmth of their applause, a pang of longing lingered within her, a silent ache for his presence amidst the crowd.

Lost in her thoughts, Aria was startled by the gentle touch of Kole's hand on her shoulder. She turned to him, offering a faint smile as he presented her with a delicate bouquet of orchard flowers, a symbol of honor and appreciation from the village.

"Thank you, Kole," she murmured, her voice soft with gratitude.

Kole returned her smile, his eyes reflecting warmth. "It was the least we could do to show our appreciation for your beautiful performance," he replied, his tone gentle and reassuring.

Kole's gaze softened with genuine concern as he noticed the faint traces of sadness in Aria's eyes.

"Is everything alright, Aria?" he asked softly, his voice filled with genuine concern.