Conflicts

Kyle woke up the next morning, feeling energized than before, after what happened last night with Adeline. He then headed into the bathroom and turned on the shower as he brushed his teeth when all he could think about was Adeline.

Her warm smile brightening his day, her presence making him happier and more excited as they both talked. After about 20 minutes, he changed, made his bed, and headed downstairs so he could have some breakfast with his father. He found him sitting down as he sipped his coffee while looking at a newspaper.

"Good morning dad. How was your sleep?" Kyle's dad looked at him, a smile spreading across his face after seeing his son all dressed and ready for school. "Good morning, my sleep was good. I think your mother headed for work earlier than usual. Are you going to school with Vinnie or..." Kyle gave him a brief nod to answer his question as he poured mil into a glass and started sipping on it as he packed his lunch.

"Ok that's fine. Just remember you have the dinner today. So, you also need a date. Didn't you tell me that girl was back in town? What was her name... Adeline?" Kyle laughed at how his dad still remembered her even though he hadn't mentioned her only once when he was saying she ah come back.

Kyle then left after receiving a text message from Vinnie that he had arrived. He then hoped into his car and left. "Yo man, I had the best day ever yesterday." Kyle was curious to know what had made his best friend have something positive to say about a day. Most of the time, he would mostly talk about how many girls he had kissed or how many girls he would smash. "Now you've grabbed my attention, what happened?"

Vinnie started talking about his horse-riding time with Addie to get started on the PE project. Kyle immediately remembered who Vinnie partner was, his expression had a light shift. "Anyway, it was so good because Jesse and I made a bet, and I am currently winning." After Kyle had Vinnie words, his expression changed completely, become stone cold and expressionless. "You mean the kind of bets where you flirt with her and until you end up in her panties? Seriously dude, what the fuck man?" v

Vinnie was shocked at his friend outburst, wondering where all the fire was coming form since most of the time, he was always supporting Vinnie bets but never engaging in them. "Chill man, its isn't that deep, it's not like you have a crush on her, right?" After Kyle heard this, he was filled with anger "You gotta stop. She doesn't deserve to be treated like this. It hasn't even been a week yet."

But that's when it clicked in his head, it was better if he told her himself that having a Vinne break her heart the brutal way. "You know what, never mind." It was now dead silent in the car, the only sounds that could be heard were the rain drops that his against the windscreen of his car as they drove further into the distance.

They finally reached school, and coincidently it was the same time as Luna and Adeline. Both girls so the guys come out of the car, and after Vinnie and Kyle saw how her face lit up by seeing both. Vinnie heart ached of guilt, knowing he had fallen for her in the process, while Kyle had the urge to tell her the wicked plan his friends had planned out.

But was he really planning to give away his friendship for a girl he thought he would never see again.

Both were snapped out of thought as Luna shouted, "Guys you won't believe it. Addie finally agreed to join the cheerleaders, she is auditioning today, so make sure you come and support." Adeline looked at the two boys who could utter a word after seeing her. She was looking mesmerizing as always and was like something that they had been lacking in their lived. She wore flared blue jeans with a green sheet spaghetti ethereal shirt that matched her perfectly. Her hair was tied into a high ponytail that brought out her face shape and the gold jewellery she had put on.

The girl both said by to the boys as they headed into the school building. Kyle was about to go before Vinnie grabbed him, tightly. "I saw the way you looked at her, you like her, don't you?" a smirk spreading on his face as he never saw his friend so worked up for a girl but now he understood why. A smirk spreading on his face.

Kyle pulled his hand away, "so what if I do?" All Vinnie did was smirk walking away, which was always an indication of war, for either something... or someone.