Marauderr's Era: Remus Lupin x Reader

"(Y/n)!" I froze, sighing, as I knew I had been caught trying to sneak back into the Gryffindor tower. I turned to my friends sat at the fireplace. "Truth or dare?" I stared at them, pulling a face and hesitantly choosing truth. "If you and James broke up, what would you do?" Not a single thought went through my head and I shrugged, answering. 

"Get with Remus." Said boy whipped around on the sofa to stare at me, James doing the same. "What?" The innocence in my voice caused James to pull a face. 

"Are you serious?" I nodded slowly. 

"If we broke up, are you telling me you wouldn't go for Lily?" I tilted my head, motioning to the redhead with a smile. James was quiet, looking to Lily and then to me. "If you want to be with Lily, I'm not bothered, I won't stop you." He looked back to me, his eyes meeting  mine. 

"Are you actually serious?" I nodded, laughing.

"If you want to, do it. And we will end things right here, right now." Everyone was sharing looks as I smiled contently. I knew James deserved Lily, they were meant to be, I could see it. "Just don't get mad if I get with Remus." Remus looked between me and James, waiting in anticipation. James stood up and came over to me and I felt my heart race. He held out his hand to me. 

"Stay friends?" A laugh slipped passed my lips. 

"Best friends. You're meant to be with Lily, not me." He smiled ass I took his hand, pulling me into a hug. 

"You're amazing..." He whispered. "Thank you." I returned the smile and the hug, pulling away. The dark haired boy dropped back onto the sofa, his arm going around Lily with a bright smile, everyone confused. I turned my attention to Remus with a smile, and he was quick to jump over the back of the sofa and chuck his arm over my shoulder, taking me upstairs to the boy's dorms. 

-----------------------------

I sat in the hospital wing beside Remus' bed, my feet kicked up on his bed as I laughed. We weren't official and labelled, but we were definitely seeing each other and only each other. Remus had had a tough full moon this month, and all the boys had been there to help, but I was the one who was staying with him afterwards this time because James had a quidditch match with Sirius, and Peter had gone to watch them. 

"You know that ball that's coming up?"

"The end of year one for the seventh years?" Remus nodded, confirming. "Yeah, why?" He stared at me with a soft smile. 

"Do you want to go with me?" I smiled and nodded without hesitation. 

"I'd love to Rem, you know I would." He chuckled and nodded. 

"Just checking." I laughed, his fingers tracing patterns on my legs. 

I wore a black dress, a slit up to my mid-thigh and a plunge neckline with black heels. Tonight had been nice, everyone dressed so formally in suits and elegant dresses. The boys had really outdone themselves with their attires. I had disappeared towards the end of the night, but it hadn't been for long. Peter had asked to speak outside, so I had followed him. As far as I was aware, he had returned alone, and 20 minutes later, I was returning...bloodied and bruised. The ball had come to an end, and I had enjoyed one of my last nights at this school with my friends, everyone looking so nice. I could hear my friends talking down a corridor, just hanging out as others went to their dorms. My wand was in my hand, loosely held as I tried to steady my breathing. He'd left me outside, in the dark...in danger. He'd taken me outside to get rid of me. I was a threat to his plans with Voldemort. I saw the mark on his arm. My heels echoed around the stone corridor as I came to the corridor by the Great Hall. My hair was undone, now tousled after my time outside...being left with death eaters that had been in Slytherin in our year group. My arms were bruised with small scrapes and cuts, all bleeding, but the one that would catch eyes would be my forearm, where 'MUDBLOOD' was carved in big letters, deep and large enough for blood to be dripping down my wand, My make-up smudge around my eyes and down my cheeks from the crying. Silence fell over the corridor as I made eye contact with Remus, his posture straightening from leaning against the wall. My eyes then moving to Peter as I raised my wand. 

"(N/n)-" Remus' words were broken by a spell being thrown at Peter, although he avoided it. My head remained high, my posture proper as I fully prepared to have a dual with my 'friend'. Peter had his wand out, as did James and Sirius, there to defend their friend if they had to. I threw another spell when Peter opened his mouth to speak, and it hit him. He stumbled back onto the floor.

"(Y/n)-" I pointed my wand at James. 

"Move." I spoke, not a quiver in my voice. 

"He's our friend, what the hell-"

"Potter." He went quiet. "Move." Remus had begun to come towards me and I had my attention on him, my wand still at James. 

"(N/n), what happened?" His tone was calm, but he was wary, they all were. He'd seen the blood down my arm, but now he could see what it actually was. "You need Madam Pomfrey-"

"I need to kill him." Remus looked between Peter and I.

"What did Wormtail do? You went out to talk and he said you wandered off after..." My arm lowered a little out of confusion. 

"He lied to you?" I looked to my not-boyfriend in confusion. He lied to his own best friends? "He did this..." My look was incredulous. "He left me outside with Slytherin deatheaters." I grit my teeth, aiming at Peter once more. "He wants me dead!" Remus looked over to Peter, who was staring me dead in the eye, determined. That was until Remus raised his wand. Peter's expression fell. 

"I warned you, Pete..." Remus pursed his lips. "Anything to do with her, and you'd get hurt."

"Moony-"

"And you agreed." I watched Peter looked to James and Sirius, who looked at each other and stepped to the side. One word caught me by surprise, and it came from Remus. "Crucio..."