Marauder's Era: Remus Lupin x reader

"You shouldn't mess with me," I spoke, holding my wand in front of me in the middle of the corridor as Severus and his little group were having a go at their attempt of 'bullying' me. 

"Why's that? Gonna go running back to your friends so they can deal with us?" Avery teased and I shook my head, adjusting my stance.

"You don't wanna mess with me."

"Let's take this to another level, shall we?" Mulciber was the next of the three to speak and I took a step back away from them. "Avada Kedavra." He whispered with a horrifying smirk, aiming his want straight at me. I drew an object towards me and used it to block the curse, peaking over it to continue this little duel.

"Stupify Duo!" For a boy who could perform one of the unforgivable curses, he was rather stupid to not avoid a simple spell. Avery began throwing random spells at me and I stayed ducked behind the furniture. "Cause if you mess with me," I whispered to myself, trying to avoid getting hit by any other curses, hexes, jinxes or charms. As I popped up from my hiding place, a spell hit me, throwing me against the far wall behind me. I shakily tried to push myself up, glancing down the corridor in front of me, without the Slytherins, and spotted the self-proclaimed Marauders. Just as I was about to do something, I heard a spell hit the wall above me and made eye contact with Remus, who stared at me in surprise as I screamed, quickly sitting up and sliding backwards out of the way to avoid being crushed by a falling wall. My head whipped over to the snickering boys. "You!" The two silenced, Avery pulling up Mulcibier to consciousness. I stood up and snatched my wand from the floor, the Marauders peeking around the corner as I stormed down the corridor. Severus happened to be further back compared to the two children of Death Eaters, so I went for them first. "Sectumsempra!" One of them was knocked down and began whimpering. "Stupify." I shot at the other, not looking and heading straight towards Severus. "I've seen your potions book, useful spell. you want to try it?" He shook his head and pulled out his wand, hesitantly, although ready to cast something.

"Expelliarmus!" I heard from behind me, watching Severus' wand become expelled from his hand. I whipped around and saw Remus with his wand drawn, staring menacingly at Snape. He stalked his way down the corridor, passed me and right up to Severus, landing a stiff blow right to the Slytherin's nose.

"Cause if you mess with me, you're messing with my family." I whispered with a small smile, loving how the four boys looked out for me.

Teachers had soon arrived to witness the Marauders and I in a ruined corridor with three harmed Slytherins.

"Why, why when there's trouble, is it always you four?" She directed it at the Marauders and sighed when Remus had turned around with me wrapped up in his arms. "Miss Potter." I smiled nervously and sent her a tentative wave. "Come here, we need to discuss today's events." She turned around and I quickly followed after her, Madam Pomfrey and Professor Dumbledore were aiding the injured students. "You lot too." I heard the Marauders groan but still followed.

"Miss Potter, could you retell the event." I nodded, stood in front of the Marauders at McGonagall's desk.

"Well, I was in a corridor and Avery, Mulciber and Snape had begun...bullying me in sorts. Mulciber tried to kill me-"

"How do you know he intended to kill you?" I just stared at here for a moment.

"He used the killing curse. And then I retaliated, knocking him out. Avery began a barrage of spells and curses, then sent me into a wall and broke the wall. I used one of Severus' spells on Avery and the stunning spell on Mulciber again, and yeah." As McGonagall was about to speak I remembered something. "Oh! And Remus punched Severus." Our head of house just sighed an nodded, claiming it was in self-defence and that no-one would receive detention...especially since only one Marauder was involved and he never usually is, so it was a one-off, like me.