5

Sitting in the back of his fourth period, Tweek could hear the shadows whispering.

He could hear the other kids in the class talking shit about him, too. The whispering was drowning them out though, and for once, he was grateful for that. He didn't want to hear what they were saying.

Tweek just wanted to not care.

Kenny seemed to not care what they said about him. Kyle defended him, but Stan didn't speak up anymore; Tweek didn't get how he could just let that roll off his shoulders. That was Kenny McCormick, though. He needed to find his own way.

When Craig came into the classroom late, handing a note to the teacher, it was the first time Tweek had seen him since yesterday. His lip was slightly swollen, and split from the punch. The rest of their peers erupted into whispers as they noticed his injuries. Craig only looked at Tweek, a deep scowl engulfing his usual indecipherable face. He was pissed.

But, he glared back. He had to, there was no going back now. If Craig hated him, he could act like he hated him too. It would be better for Craig, in the end.

You'll have to look at them eventually..

Shut up! Tweek growled back to it in his mind, a little bit spilling from his mouth towards Craig. He lifted an eyebrow slightly at this, taking the empty seat in front of him. Great. The rest of the class stared at them, waiting for a fight to erupt, or something, or anything.

The teacher continued the lesson, ignoring the tension in the room. She wasn't paid enough to care about their personal drama.

The pressing eyes contained in the small room started to get to Tweek, and he considered, for once, the shadow was right - he did have to look at them eventually.

They all seemed so.. blank.

Tweek found a majority of the kids didn't even know why they were talking shit. Teenagers just liked drama, and South Park was boring. But, people like Stan, Cartman and Clyde continued to whisper to each other, despite him seeing them. He narrowed his eyes, wishing he could choke the fucking life out of Cartman.

Craig wasn't turned fully towards the teacher still, half in his seat, he used his knee to rest his chin to 'casually' look back at Tweek. It wasn't very casual when he stared at him unapologetically.

He was starting to get anxious again. The shadows started laughing inside him, hungry for more of his fear, and paranoia. Tweek broke the pencil in his hand instead. He wasn't going to give into whatever they wanted from him. Do they really want me to just break down?!

"What?!" Tweek whisper-shouted at Craig finally, not being able to help himself anymore. He hated the fucking confusion. "Stop staring at me!"

"Did Kenny say anything to you?" He whispered back after a moment, a lack of venom in his voice.

Uh, wow, that's pretty weird.. Tweek didn't know what to make of this, squinting with distrust at the guy who said he was nothing. He couldn't trust anything from Craig - he was on Cartman's side, of all people. This had to be a damn ploy.

"Why?" He still asked, waiting for him to confirm the conspiracy forming in his mind.

Looking over to the three huddled in the front of the room, Craig gnawed at his bottom lip. It was like he wanted to say something, but couldn't. Tweek gave up. He picked up his broken pencil, and started doodling on his papers. He needed to focus on something else other than Craig. Somehow, he would have to learn how to tune out his existence.

"Tell him not to say shit. It doesn't matter anymore.."

Tweek looked up as Craig turned towards the front of the room. He didn't miss the slightly sad undertone in his voice - it made his heart pang with anguish. If anything was going on in Craig's life that he didn't know about, he couldn't deny that he actively wished the best for him. He couldn't help it. No matter what Craig said to him, he loved him.