6

Dishes clattered to the floor as Tweek tried to avoid getting in his mother's way. He backed right into a stack of coffee cups. The whole coffeehouse stared at the mess.

Tweek waited for her to scold him, or tell him to get out - she only stared in disbelief at him. Disappointment. That's all she thought every time she looked at him. He couldn't wait to get away from her.

"S-Sorry, mom." Tweek mumbled anyway, attempting to dismiss some of the stares from the customers.

She didn't waste her breath on him. He cleaned up the mess without even thinking about it. Tweek just didn't want her to look at him, she didn't see him. Just another day of wanting to run as far from South Park as possible.

He could barely hold it together though.

His mind raced with thoughts of Craig. He couldn't stop wondering why he wanted to talk to him after everything that happened in the last week. Tweek didn't know what he could possibly have to say to him.

Twitching hard enough for his vision to fade to static, Tweek held back a scream. He wouldn't have all those eyes on him, again. They all thought he was fucking crazy, they just didn't understand.

Millions of microscopic legs danced across his skin. They were crawling on him. They wanted his body to manipulate, and use it to invade any semblance of happiness. The bugs, oh the bugs, they knew - they knew how useless it was to be human.

AGH! SHUT UP ABOUT THE FUCKING BUGS! Tweek tried to appear like he wasn't losing his sanity in the booth at the back of the coffeehouse. If a scream slipped, he'd be better off in a dark corner, away from all the eyes. Fuck, man! Craig can't see me like this, he can't, he can't, he can't!

It was too late. Tweek saw him walk in. He couldn't hide anymore, and he couldn't act like it didn't bother him. If Craig ever had feelings for him, then he wasn't blind to his issues, right?

Craig took the slowest twelve steps towards Tweek. He gnawed at his bottom lip, his head facing the ground with a deep scowl. Tweek tried not to shake too much, but his anxiety was getting the best of him. That look on Craig's face.. It reminded him of something.

Lanky and grumpy, he stopped next to the booth - Craig was nervous. It made Tweek relax a little. They were both fuck-ups, and he could deal with that.

"Uh," He began softly, looking towards the menu. "I'm grabbing a drink." Craig went to walk to the front of the store, but stopped, and turned back slightly. "Do you.. want anything?"

Realizing he didn't have his own coffee, since he'd spilled it in the clumsy destruction of the kitchen, Tweek nodded. "Y-Yeah. Large bl-"

"Black coffee, no cream, no sugar." Craig interrupted like it was something he'd never forgotten. It surprised them both.

Tweek could feel his cheeks burning. They were on fucking fire from how awkward this was. It made him almost as uncomfortable as the abyss, though that was an unrealistic comparison. He just needed a distraction.

This isn't going to be what you think it is! He's only here to finish what Cartman started!

He hated when the voice made sense. He knew, he knew it was a paranoid thought, yet Tweek couldn't find a reason to argue with it. Paranoia helped him prepare for hundreds of possibilities, and this was one of them.

Rejection. He had to be ready.

Craig returned to the booth, sliding the coffee cup over to Tweek without raising his eyes. He didn't appreciate how Craig was acting as if he was the victim. Thomas hurt him too, he knew that, but it'd been continuous with Tweek for too long. Everyone managed to hurt him.