Chapter 6

"Man, I am starving. Are you ready for dinner?" Diana asked Hermione, her stomach growling loudly. Hermione chuckled and nodded her head in agreement. Without a word, they packed up their things and got ready to leave the bathroom. "I gotta pee first though!"

"Me too!" They giggled and each went into a stall. Diana wasn't in the stall for more than a minute and she was done, but when she stepped out of the stall she was left in shock and terror.

Towering over her was a massive mountain troll. Its frame filled the room with an overwhelming sense of danger, and she stood frozen in fear. Its skin was rough and mottled, with patches of sickly green and gray, resembling the texture of ancient tree bark. Thick, sinewy muscles rippled beneath its hide. The troll's face was a twisted visage of rage and malice, with a protruding, sloping brow and a snarling, tooth-filled maw. Its eyes gleamed with a malevolent intelligence, scanning the room for its next victim with a predatory hunger.

Behind her, another bathroom stall opened, and she knew Hermione had just left her stall. Reaching backward, she found her friend and started to push her backward. Step by step, she pushed Hermione and herself back into one of the stalls in hopes that it would just go away.

"Was that...?" Hermione breathed.

"A mountain troll," Diana said, her eyes wide in fear. She had dealt with her uncle as a werewolf many times, but he was the size of a dog in comparison to the mountain that had just walked into the girls' bathroom. Its steps shook the room as it approached the stalls. Looking up, she could see the shadow of its club. Quickly, she put her hand on Hermione's head and pushed her to the ground as she crouched herself.

The air grew thick with tension as the troll's heavy footsteps echoed ominously through the bathroom. Diana's heart pounded in her chest, each beat reverberating in her ears like a drum. She could hear Hermione's shallow breaths beside her, the sound barely audible over the deafening roar of her own heartbeat. Every instinct screamed at Diana to run, to flee from the terrifying creature that loomed over them. But she knew that they were trapped, cornered in the cramped confines of the bathroom stall with nowhere to go. As the troll drew closer, its foul stench filled the air, suffocating Diana with its putrid odor. She could feel her muscles tensing, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice. But she dared not move, not while the beast still prowled outside their flimsy sanctuary.

Time seemed to slow to a crawl as they waited, the seconds stretching into eternity as they braced themselves for the inevitable confrontation. And in that moment of uncertainty, Diana knew that their lives would never be the same again.

Within moments, its club tore the stalls apart, spraying wood everywhere around them. Hermione screamed in terror. They were both frozen in fear. Diana however was frozen in pain, as one of the wooden boards had punctured her calf. It wasn't deep but it hurt like hell.

"Hermione! Move!" Harry's voice echoed through the room, as the doors swung open. Harry and Ron immediately picked up pieces of broken wood and started chucking them at the troll to divert its attention. Diana hissed as she reached over to pull the piece of wood from her leg.

"Diana!" Another two voices made their way into the bathroom and she glanced up to see Selene and Draco standing there, eyes wide with fear for their friend.

"What are you doing here Malfoy?" Ron sneered. Draco didn't give him the satisfaction of a response as they continued chucking things at the troll.

"Hermione, keep crawling. We need to split its attention." Diana groaned, hitting at her friend's leg to keep moving. Hermione nodded but as soon as she started crawling the troll swung again and broke the rest of the stalls.