Part 1: The Man Called Rentier

The darkened sun had risen in the sky over Western America, the streets stained with blood. It was old blood, but it had never tried. Ticks served their masters and bloodthirsty creatures of the night call the shots in this ruined world. The need for blood to thrive and survive after the near extinction of man died along with any human resistance that remained. The beasts had evolved, formed a society new. The remaining humans now servants expected to live their lives to the beck and call of their vampiric overlords.

Society has gradually found itself rebuilding. And with renewal comes conflict. Vampires making their claim on land and building forth their empires. Vying for control the beasts have formed families. And over the years vampires found the ability to reproduce without the use of turning.

This led to bloodlines of pure royal vampires to slowly bleed into the western modern age. Without the forward thinking and mechanical evolution of man the styles of the beasts never changed much while their technology slowly advanced.

The year is 1894 and at the moment all is peaceful on the surface, but bubbling below, underlying tension has grown. The Blanche Household has found itself social ruin after the passing of the households Head. Andre Blanche. A widowed man finding the end of his life handing over his will to his eldest daughter of four.

Evelynn Blanche

Evelynn Blanche. Her sisters, Ahri, Kai'sa and Akali stepped up to assist their sister in running the household.

However the other families found the timing fortuitous to pressure and undermine the young Lady of the house. Pressuring her with their power in an attempt to take over and blend their house with the wealthy and powerful Blanche House. Who's reputation grew on the great and illusive secrets they held. Their Glamour nigh impenetrable. Able to hide their deepest secret.

The other Houses and their Lords lust after what lies beneath the manor. If Evelynn were to lose to these vultures their family secret would be unveiled. And she would be a disgrace to all of her kind. She knew not what was hidden behind this Glamour. But she knew it would be her only chance at retaining her power.

The young woman sat in her fathers office. In the same chair her father once sat she fondly remembers the days she would sit in his lap as a child. The days she would watch him work and listen to his soft tunes he would hum and mumble as he worked. She gazed at the record player in the corner. She formed a pained soft smile while gazing at it. How long had she stared at this piece of metal and wood? It felt like ages. As if her gaze would somehow wake it from its slumber. Alas it hadn't worked in many moons.

In front of her above the doorway entrance to the office sat a painted picture. Of her, her mother, her sisters and her father. She gazed longing for the days when she was a child. Playing with her sisters while mother and father sat in the garden and watched them play.

Her eyes lowered to the papers in front of her. A will sat before her along with many of the households affairs. She felt overwhelmed. She thought she'd go mad from all of this pageantry. However her sisters had lightened the burden for her.